Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-14, 03:57 PM  
Poodlepants

And just like that, I have the song in my head!
Old 06-29-14, 04:26 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlepants View Post
And just like that, I have the song in my head!
I was just going to post the same thing. I've been spending too much time around my 5-year-old niece, who is obsessed with the Frozen movie (namely Elsa!).
Old 06-29-14, 04:31 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post

Does anyone literally have fewer than a dozen physical dvds they do consistently? Do you alternate with those hidden away in a box somewhere?
The workouts I consistently do are yoga and stretching. Aside from Anni Mair's "Life Force", the Rushfit "Strength and Endurance" workout, and one of Karen Voight's core workouts, everything else is yoga or stretching. I have about 20 DVDs total and I could easily get rid of at least 5 of those with no problem.

In fact, if someone put a gun to my head and said that I could only have one of those 20 videos, I'd choose David Swenson's "Yoga Short Forms". It is most-used video that I own.

I'm very much in favor of getting rid of workouts I don't do anymore, books I don't want to read again, CDs I no longer listen to and clothing I no longer wear.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 05:03 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

We moved recently, and I boxed up all my videos except for about ten that I figured I would rotate through.

I've since broken into that box and now I have over 50 pulled out.

I'm on the process of resigning my over all workout plan, and then several will get put away again, but I don't think I could ever get rid of my stash. Every so often I'll read a thread here and get inspired to pull out an old workout, or read about some cool new way to combine videos, and I'd hate to go looking and then remember I got rid of something.

(Which isn't to say that I don't occasionally weed some out and get rid of them)

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 08:16 PM  
Mickey12

Rose,

I'm curious about what 17 DVDs you decided to keep. Did you keep any Leslie's? Any Cathe's?

I have a ton of DVDs and I am not ready to part with any of them despite not having done a bunch in a long, long time. I don't think they take up too much space and I sometimes look for something nostalgic or read a thread about a workout that I haven't done in a while and get the itch to do it again so I'll be hanging on to all of mine for the foreseeable future.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 09:45 PM  
DejaDeb

I have been slowly but surely culling through my collection to get rid of some of my higher impact workouts. Just last week, I decided I was culling TOO slowly, so ruthlessly tossed about 40 DVDs (gave them to friends who expressed an interest) and have about 20 others on the "let's give these one more try before tossing" pile. I probably shouldn't even do that ... but as surely as I toss 'em, I'll read some rave about how great one was and I'll be kicking myself for not giving givin' 'em another shot. I'm already having pangs about getting rid of the ones I did, LOL!, ... but now I'm better able to focus on the ones I'm actually doing.
Old 06-30-14, 01:36 AM  
moonbeam31

I got rid of a Lot recently. Sold, traded, swapped,sase'ed. I still have a lot, but only the ones I will and really use. I still could get rid of more for sure! There are a few new ones I want, but not many.
moonbeam31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 02:36 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Rose,

I'm curious about what 17 DVDs you decided to keep. Did you keep any Leslie's? Any Cathe's?

Kim
So far, this is what made the cut. There are a few on this list that might not stay - I just went through the shelf and picked out the ones that brought a smile to my face. There are a ton of fabulous workouts (especially Cathe sash/intensity/body blast era) in "the box" that I can't or won't do . Most of my cardio is walking, kickboxing or the stationary bike, and if I can't do my workout in 30 minutes it's not getting done.

Is there a picky, grumpy check in?

Cathe:
Cardio Kicks and Circuit Max (for Cardio Kicks)
Cross Train Xpress
Power Hour plus
Bootcamp and Muscle Endurance (for ME)
PUB/PLB
KPC/Legs and Glutes
Muscle Max
GS Legs
Body Max 2 (mainly for the upper body)
Butts and Guts
SS/PP (for the premix splits)

KCM:
Body Training
Muscle Definition
NYC
Kickboxing
TLC
Trim Down

On the fence (will do it today)
Cathe MMA Boxing (I remember liking this for the upper body drills)
Old 06-30-14, 04:56 AM  
Cher

Wow Rose, that's a great idea! I think I will have to box up A LOT! I have so many that I can't part with but boxing them up for a little while might help me finally get rid of some of them.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 12:22 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

That is a great list, Rose. Lots of top-notch workouts in there to pick from. I would choose many of the same as my all-time favourites.

No one asked, or probably even cares, but these are the workouts I would pick for my essential list:
  • Butts & Guts - Cathe
  • Muscle Endurance - Cathe
  • Power Hour - Cathe
  • Athletic Training - Cathe
  • Party Rockin' Step 1 - Cathe
  • Fantastic Four - Christi Taylor
  • Body Tech - Kari Anderson
  • Topless Blocks - Marcus Irwin
  • Step Factory - Marcos Prolo
  • Amazing Step Styles - Rob Glick
  • Step My Way - Patrick Goudeau
  • Cardio Parties - Franny Bennedetto
  • Rock Steady Step - Seasun
  • Fitball Upper Body Challenge - Cheryl Soleway
  • I Want That Body - Tamilee Webb
  • Symmetrical Step - Rebecca Small
  • Step This Way - Kristen Kagen
  • 30 Minutes to Fitness Weights - KCM
  • Step It Off, Step It All Off - Charlene Prickett
  • Step by Step 3 - Jenny Ford

I think I could pare down to these 20 workouts, with the provision that I could occasionally borrow or rent others just for a bit of variety. (Of course, I'm not ready to pare down this drastically just yet, but I can work towards it). It was tough to get to 20, but I could easily do 30.

I love hearing about other people's favourites, since it provides good insight into what the best workouts are, and is a good way to discover others I may have overlooked. Anyone else want to share?

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing up dvds, cheryl soleway, let it go, purge, purging dvds