Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-14, 07:55 PM  
Yelly

Buti Online Classes - some questions

I love Buti workouts, and I have a few questions for you girls!

For those of you subscribed to her online classes, is it worth the price? It seems expensive to me, compared to other places I'm subscribed to. What makes her prices so high? Is it the music, the variety, etc.? How often does she put out new workouts? Is anyone subscribed to the Sculpt workouts, or do most people stick with the Tone? (personally, I think I'm only interested in the Tone) What are the Sculpt classes like?

Another quick question, while we're on the subject - does anybody have Shakti Sweat, and if so, what do you think of it? I haven't heard much about it on here (or maybe I just missed it?).

Thanks so much!!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 12:45 AM  
woodie

Hi! I for one think it is worth the price. Depending upon the plan you get you have access to 100 videos at a time. She releases a new on every week as well. I only do Tone. Sculpt is more like drills and that is jsut not for me. I have Shakti Sweat but have not tried it yet - too busy doing the online tones. Love love love Buti.

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 09:06 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
Hi! I for one think it is worth the price. Depending upon the plan you get you have access to 100 videos at a time. She releases a new on every week as well. I only do Tone. Sculpt is more like drills and that is jsut not for me. I have Shakti Sweat but have not tried it yet - too busy doing the online tones. Love love love Buti.

woodie
Thanks so much!
100 videos is awesome! I just discovered the sample videos for both Sculpt and Tone yesterday. I actually did the Tone video, and loved it . The Sculpt seems like it would have a high dread factor for me, so I think I would just stick with the Tone classes. But for $40 per month, I'd have to drop my other streaming site (Studio Sweat On Demand) and just stick with a Buti rotation. Or maybe I could just try the Lite subscription for $12, and combine that with Studio Sweat. Hmm... I'll definitely be considering it...
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 01:44 PM  
flamingoo

I second the subscription. I love it! Have both sets of the dvds and have only done the 45 minutes from the first set. I just love the music/vibe of the online tone workouts. If you go to Butiyoga.com there should also be a " Join the Tribe" link towards the bottom on the page, I think. You'll get a link to a free vimeo video and get some cool free recipes and other info. Highly recommend it! It's pretty much all I've been doing for the past 8 months and still love it.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 04:18 PM  
kariev34

for those that use these often do you classify them as strength or cardio in your rotation?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 04:40 PM  
Scbayless

They are a mix of strength, cardio, and stretching. But depending on your fitness level, the cardio varies from person to person. Me personally, I breeze through the cardio and it's my break. The arm and shoulder work really raises the heart rate though.
Old 06-17-14, 05:17 PM  
deineira

If you're in decent shape, I think they're more like stretching or a light day workout. They have very short cardio bursts and some toning, but are not strenuous, if that makes sense. I would use them in rest days or as a second bonus workout.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 05:53 PM  
flamingoo

Well I disagree. No disrespect ladies I feel like I'm in pretty descent shape and when I put my all into them, they give me great cardio and strength. Yes some have more cardio then others and it really depends if you're doing the moves correctly and really putting your all into it. Form is pretty important as in most workouts these days. Just my 2 cents.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 06:02 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I use them as a sub for a power yoga wo. That means I mostly use it for stretching. Any cardio or toning benefits that I receive are bonuses.
Old 06-17-14, 06:09 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I use them as a sub for a power yoga wo. That means I mostly use it for stretching. Any cardio or toning benefits that I receive are bonuses.
I agree with this Helen. I would call Buti a power yoga workout. I use is just as that stretching and a feel good workout.

Cheryl

Tags
bizzie gold, buti, buti fitness, buti yoga