Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-14, 06:53 PM  
Tugger31

Cool FIRM 90 Day Rotation...anyone care to try to update??

I'd love to get input as to what newer (non-FIRM) workouts could be used to re-create a new "modern day" FIRM 90 Day Rotation.

Which workouts would be considered a Tortoise or a Hare etc??
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-14, 11:15 PM  
MoFirmer

I love the old listing of - classic - Tortoise and Hare. I still classify all my FIRMs this way... so here is my listing for them.

Are you asking for just non-FIRM or a listing of FIRMS that are new that fit in these categories?
Old 06-08-14, 12:01 AM  
PrairieGem

...And for those of us not familiar with the classic firms, can you guys elaborate on the terminology? Tortoise/Hare, etc?

I've done BSS2 and Firm Express , but missed the mansion sets and the pink ones.

What is the original 90 Day rotation? Is there a link to it somewhere?
Old 06-08-14, 02:49 AM  
Tugger31

To clarify, I was trying to put together a list of non-FIRM workouts that fit into the FIRM classifications.

For example, which category would workouts like Cathe's To The Max, some of my KCM workouts or my Dream Body 2 set fit under? Tortoise? Hare? Other?

The definitions can be found on pages 153-154 of this huge FIRM Compendium someone put together years ago.

The generic 90 Day Rotation schedule is found on pages 157-159.

http://plcm.abitofperil.net/FBUltimateCompendium.pdf
Old 06-08-14, 07:05 PM  
edensmom

I would classify To the Max and the Dream Body Cardio Series as Hare workouts. I don't do much KCM so no examples there.

A few more ideas--workouts where you use weights to intensify the cardio I would also put in the Hare category. Cardio Supersets, Crossfire, Brooklyn Bridge Bootcamp, etc.

For Tortoise, maybe a workout like Lower Body Blast since it incorporates a few cardio bursts but is primarily toning. I don't think of it as a heavy weights workout though. Jillian's Body Rev workouts have this format but they aren't heavy either. I can't think of any workouts that are slow and heavy with a bit of cardio mixed in.

Classics could be something like Jari Love's Extremely Ripped 1000 and Hardcore workouts. Cathe's Cardio Leg Blast fits here, and Cindy Whitmarsh 10 Days to a Better Body.

Hope this gives you more ideas.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 07:32 PM  
Tugger31

I was thinking Hare too.

Supercuts, Athletic Training I was thinking Tortoise.

It's the Tortoise, Hare and Classics categories that give me the most trouble. The others are more straight forward.

I just did Patrick Goudeau's Body Weight Blast the other day for the first time, was thinking this may be either Hare or Classics. Another new workout I'd like to do in the rotation is KCM's Home Gym Intervals, thinking "Classics" for this one as well.
Old 06-08-14, 08:33 PM  
anne

I don't have this workout but from looking at the clip at totalfitnessdvds.com, Angie Gorr's Ultimate Sweat and Tone could be considered a Tortoise or a Classic.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14, 12:05 PM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
To clarify, I was trying to put together a list of non-FIRM workouts that fit into the FIRM classifications.

For example, which category would workouts like Cathe's To The Max, some of my KCM workouts or my Dream Body 2 set fit under? Tortoise? Hare? Other?

The definitions can be found on pages 153-154 of this huge FIRM Compendium someone put together years ago.

The generic 90 Day Rotation schedule is found on pages 157-159.

http://plcm.abitofperil.net/FBUltimateCompendium.pdf
Thanks for posting this. Someone (or you if it's you) did a lot of work putting this compendium together. It is really really nice. I saved a copy cause it's worth having.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 10:20 AM  
Tugger31

I know that Compendium is HUGE! Someone when through ALOT of work for that!

I'm about to do my first Dream Body workout....most likely a HARE workout

Looking forward to an updated 90 Day Rotation! My rotation will likely consist of mostly Cathe, KCM, Dreambody, maybe some Suzanne Bowen, Bob Harper, a few Patrick Goudeau's or a Tonique. We'll see what I come up with!
Old 06-10-14, 12:24 PM  
bubbles76

I cannot remember where I got this from, but here are the Firm classifications:

Tortoise workouts had 75% weights/25% aerobics;
Hares: 75% aerobics/25% weights;
Classics: 50/50;
Cardio: all cardio (with light weights for increasing intensity, not strength);
Total Sculpt: full body strength
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm 90 day rotation, firm compendium, home gym intervals, the firm, the firm compendium