Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-14, 05:24 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I think you guys need to know JUST HOW AMAZING YOU ARE.

Which is pretty daggone amazing.

Giving up is so easy. Trying again is so hard. I've heard it said many times that it isn't falling that gets ya, it's not getting back up. I know that I have been a restarter MANY TIMES and I always tell myself that it's ok if I am a restarter FOREVER as long as I don't ever STOP being a restarter. Ya know??

So heads high, ladies. You're being resilient and that's a wonderful thing. And I LOVE Stephanie's PowerFits!
X2.
Old 03-24-14, 05:25 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I exercise regularly, but still have lost so much ground. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and gained almost all of it back. I lost of a little of it last year, but am having trouble maintaining that and have even put on a few pounds in the past few weeks. The stress levels in my house are through the roof and all I want to do is eat "bad stuff". Now, my left knee is shot and I have no one to blame but myself for carrying all this weight for so long. I just hope to lose the weight before any other parts "go".

One of the most inspiring posts I have read here on VF is this one. Turns out, it wasn't quite true. Here is the rest of the story...

I post these for all the people who can draw inspiration from them.
Wow - those stories bring tears to my eyes. Thanks for posting them. I hope you are finding inspiration from them every day you keep going.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 05:57 PM  
klutze01

I am right there with you Alison & everyone else that has posted. I worked out an average of 6 days a week for almost 7 years straight, lost 70 pounds and even completed most of a P90X rotation. During that time I had surgery but got right back on the wagon and into my routine and while I gained back 15 pounds, I was in pretty darn good shape. Of course I also didn't see it then . Fast forward to this past year when I started having problems in my marriage, then depression and the resulting exhaustion from starting an antidepressant and I haven't worked our regularly for going on 6 months now. I have gained back another 15 pounds and it is so hard to do the things that I used to be awesome at (yes I'm talking about you, on the toes pushups). I am so upset with myself that it makes it even harder to get started again. I decided last Friday that I didn't need to wait for Monday to start over and worked out for the first time in forever!
Old 03-24-14, 06:03 PM  
donnamp

hi,

Since so many of us have mentioned Power Fit/Harmony would anyone be up to starting a rotation and check in? I need a kick in the butt to get me working a little harder, but I know I need to start slow in getting there.

I have the rotations that Stephanie made up for PF/PFH/PFH+ and can post them. I was going to attempt her "2-a-day" rotation that mixes all 3 sets, but everyone can do whatever suits them.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 06:11 PM  
primrosecat

Dear Alisoncooks~I hear you. Sometimes life overwhelms us. My dh has had 5 heart attacks and has implants in his chest to keep his heart beating. Overwhelmed, I ate until I became obese. Like you I am struggling to start over, and your post is inspiring me. Everyone who's posted is so supportive and understands and is cheering for you, including me. I just want to add that Leslie Sansone always calms me down and I alternate that with KCM's Start Here for some weight work. Find what you enjoy doing, and go from there.
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 06:17 PM  
sunday

I just wanted to pop in and say I've been where you all are! Sometimes the catalyst needed for permanent change is to just hit rock bottom, because where else can you go but up?

Wishing everyone good luck! It's difficult to get your body back, but doable!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 07:26 PM  
dlb

In the same boat

Last year, I had lost 30 lbs, felt great. Major DH drama, lost another 10 lbs without trying. Then started getting my family drama together & didn't watch it at all & am back where I started, weight wise. Disappointed but would rather deal with the weight than the DH drama. Hopefully I can make baby steps towards losing again.
Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 07:44 PM  
vanessakm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
Hey, Alison! Yes, it's me!! And I'm still not working out.

My excuse is that my life is sort of in limbo right now, so I plan on getting back to it once things are worked out. But obviously, I should just get going now.

Edited to add: And yes, due to the limbo and the situation surrounding it, of course my eating has gone downhill, so I bet I'm at my highest weight. I'm too afraid to weigh myself because I may be over a milestone weight, and I just don't want to know.
I could NOT weigh myself. Only my md and trainer know what my starting weight was. Crazy the power that number has.
vanessakm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 07:47 PM  
BamaTanya

Me.
Sigh.
Started a new job last summer. With family and grad school, I wanted to fall asleep whenever I sat down --- NOT work out.
I decided I was going to start again with 2014, but I got the flu in the first weeks of the year.
When I got serious 3/1, I weighed and measured. When I compared to my notes from last year, I found I'd gained 20 pounds.

I started back with Classical Stretch. Then Collage's sale enabled/tempted me to buy Richard Simmons' Project Hope and I started last week.

Yes, it's beginner, but that's where I am. Again. And it's simple enough that I can convince myself to do it, even when I'm beat.

90 days.

I have some weight loss goals, of course, but I've already promised myself some new lingerie (pretty important to a lady who's undergone a mastectomy) when I complete it . . . no matter what the scale says!

Here's to beginning again!
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 07:56 PM  
vanessakm

This thread is so lovely and inspiring. Thanks for starting it, Allison and thanks to everyone who posted.
vanessakm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frustration, restarting, starting over, weight gain