Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-14, 04:19 PM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Me . Fessing up here.
I'm back to my high weight too. It's crept on slowly, over the last three years or so. It's not a ton of weight, something like 17-18 lbs, but... I haven't been able to keep the weight off.
I started out this year with great intentions. I have been keeping up with my daily movement (for the most), but my eating has been a disaster. I'll eat when I'm nervous, sad, worried, frustrated, feeling insecure, to celebrate the rare moments when I feel on top of things... It's been a bit of an emotional roller-coaster for many reasons, and I'm busier than I had been for the last few years.
I know those are excuses. It's a poor habit that I need to break.
Anyway... don't feel alone.
I could have written almost every word of TopFitMama's post (except the part about weaning--I don't have that excuse! ). I was doing SO WELL for the first six weeks of this year--walking, running, lifting, eating in check, and then a sudden work overload + a death in the family in mid-February totally derailed me. I'm trying to be patient with myself as I struggle to get back on track, but it's hard when I don't recognize the person in the mirror. My sig line feels like a lie--I haven't been for a run all month.

... But I went for an hour-long walk (in the snow!) today, and it was wonderful.
Old 03-24-14, 04:21 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I still work out at least 5 days a week, but my job is SO sedentary and I'm at my desk all the time so that in the last 8 years, I've put on 40 lbs! I haven't been very good watching my food intake even if I do continue to do good hard workouts.

I'm very disappointed with myself. About 2 years ago, I managed to lose 17 lbs and as soon as I quit being strict with my eating, it all came back.

With the extra weight, I struggle with some of my beloved high intensity workouts and find that my flexibility and Yoga practice has suffered also. Yes I have to modify.

So to all you lovely ladies, I say get right back up on that horse and start exercising again!!! And maybe we can all pledge to watch what we eat! I know there are many people here who will give you (us) a lot of support.

Just do it!
I know you can!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 04:31 PM  
Avila

I am another beginner (re-starter) that just bought Powerfit Harmony and am waiting for it to show up.
Avila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 04:42 PM  
sherry7899

I am with you! I've had an awful time with insomnia since late last year. I've been too wiped out to exercise. I did complete the Sadhana earlier this year, but I've totally slacked since then.

I'm restarting again-for the millionth time. Maybe exercise will help me sleep better. Nothing else has worked.

I did Lee Holden's 7MOM AM on Saturday, 10minutes on the treadmill yesterday, and 20 minutes on the treadmill today.

I hope to add in some Margaret Richard Unplugged workouts since they are 25 minutes long and no dread.

I may just alternate the treadmill and Margaret for awhile. I seem to be too overwhelmed to even pick out dvd segments at this point.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 04:44 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I exercise regularly, but still have lost so much ground. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and gained almost all of it back. I lost of a little of it last year, but am having trouble maintaining that and have even put on a few pounds in the past few weeks. The stress levels in my house are through the roof and all I want to do is eat "bad stuff". Now, my left knee is shot and I have no one to blame but myself for carrying all this weight for so long. I just hope to lose the weight before any other parts "go".

One of the most inspiring posts I have read here on VF is this one. Turns out, it wasn't quite true. Here is the rest of the story...

I post these for all the people who can draw inspiration from them.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 04:46 PM  
moonbeam31

I only compare myself to myself and that is hard enough! I have not been working out much lately at all- probably 3 times a week tops and they are Jessica Smith, some easier Barre, no-non sense toning with dumbbell like Spark People and Minna Lessig, Tonya Larson. I am hoping once my youngest starts Kindergarten after summer is over, I will at least have 2 more solid days where I can really workout uninterrupted! I have to wok in the office 3 days a week.-so those days are tuff with driving to work, schools etc! At least I should have Mon, Wed, Sat and Sun to really focus on workouts! I need to regain my discipline as well too. I am hoping this will motivate me! Never stop trying! It is hard for us moms to get any time for ourselves! Sometimes our families like to sabotage our "me time " as well for some reason! As cute and wonderful as they may be- kids hate mom do not pay attention to them!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 04:47 PM  
sherry7899

Laura, I will check out your links-thank you!

Notice I didn't even bring up eating....it's better just not to go there right now If I don't sleep well, I turn to sugar for energy (I know...disaster). I want to get sort of consistent with exercising and then make over one meal a day at a time so I might actually stick to it this time.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 05:03 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Laura, I will check out your links-thank you!

Notice I didn't even bring up eating....it's better just not to go there right now If I don't sleep well, I turn to sugar for energy (I know...disaster). I want to get sort of consistent with exercising and then make over one meal a day at a time so I might actually stick to it this time.

Sherry
This is me,too
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 05:12 PM  
PrairieGem

I'm with Sherry and Kitten. I eat better when I'm working out, and vice versa... but these days (er, years), I seem to need to start with the working out. It's a lot harder for me to get a handle on the food. Working out is ONE THING in a day, and you're done... eating right takes all my concentration, every day. It's exhausting.
Old 03-24-14, 05:22 PM  
SpiritSong

Hey, Alison! Yes, it's me!! And I'm still not working out.

My excuse is that my life is sort of in limbo right now, so I plan on getting back to it once things are worked out. But obviously, I should just get going now.

Edited to add: And yes, due to the limbo and the situation surrounding it, of course my eating has gone downhill, so I bet I'm at my highest weight. I'm too afraid to weigh myself because I may be over a milestone weight, and I just don't want to know.

Tags
frustration, restarting, starting over, weight gain