Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-14, 03:08 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

No, I just wear comfy old cotton shorts, sleep pants and tees. I make sweatbands out of old white tee shirts.

I have some workout bras that are probably older than some VFers.

If I actually go to a live class, I have nicer workout duds.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 03:13 PM  
kalliope999

Cute is subjective I suppose, but I do like to feel good in what I'm wearing, even to work out. I don't have fancy outfits, but I try to buy flattering tanks and capris from TJMaxx and Target and such. I've also learned that for me personally, and for my body type, I feel and look more in shape when I'm wearing clothes that fit properly instead of big baggy t-shirts.

Sometimes I walk or sprint outside after I work out, or need to answer the front door. Plus, I have a big mirror that I walk past when I'm taking a break in a workout, and I can see my reflection in my flat screen TV while I exercise (my videos play on my laptop), so having cuter clothing makes it more fun, and I can see my form better, too.

Aside from the cuteness factor, performance wear feels much more comfortable than a heavy wet cotton shirt when you're dripping in sweat!!
Old 02-02-14, 03:35 PM  
JAusten

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
No. I hate doing laundry. Just workout naked.
For real? I hope you work out at home.

I love wearing cute clothes to work out in. When I put them on I know it's time to exercise. Gets my brain ready to go.
JAusten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 03:39 PM  
msladybug

Normally I'm a home exerciser but have lately been working out at a gym with a trainer. Forget dressing up or dressing cute. My struggle is figureing out what to wear that has enough 'coverage' up top, if you get my drift. I've taken to wearing three layers on top to cover up the boobage. Home exercising definately has it's advantages.
msladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 03:40 PM  
RachelW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I can't believe I just admitted that on the internet... If you knew my mother, though, it would all make sense to you.
Love this!!
Old 02-02-14, 03:40 PM  
Cafelattee

I workout in my basement. I'm all about comfort. My dh bought me some really cute expensive workout clothes for Christmas. I returned them all cause I just don't like the feel of the clingy workout clothes that are in style. I'm old school give me a loose v neck t-shirt and running shorts.

I don't care if the tight fitting clothes are suppose be wicker wet proof or whatever they still feel clingy to me.

Which I have a collection of 5 dollar Wal-Mart t-shirts and old style running shorts. I do buy more expensive sports bras cause I'm a d cup and want back closure sports bra. I don't want to struggle out of a sweaty pull over off bra. I've had them in the past and it felt like getting out of straight jacket

Does it count as cute that my t-shirt does match the piping on the shorts. I even have a pink t-shirt that matches my pink/black shorts which match my pink/black lifting gloves I'm super cute that day.
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 03:48 PM  
Demeris

I buy yoga pants-like stuff and t-shirts from Target or Walmart, or Ross/TJ Maxx, if I see any when I'm in their stores. These are the clothes I wear at home, so they're my house work, yard work, care for the animal chores, workout clothes.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 03:51 PM  
Sophie

Well, right now I'm also in tights and long-sleeved T's because of the cold. But, when it warms up, I tend to wear my close-fitting outfits at home, because they're actually more comfortable for me. But if I am at the gym/public areas, I default to baggy T-shirts and shorts/sweats. IDK -it feels more functional/down-to-business for me.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 03:59 PM  
kmissa

I do sometimes. I used to go to the gym and pure barre so I collected a lot if tanks and yoga pants.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 04:02 PM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

I have nice, comfortable workout clothes.
With 2 teenagers I do so much laundry anyway that I hardly notice the difference.

Recently I did Solibeats with a coin skirt that I've had for years - it was great fun!

I wear special clothes for NIA lessons & workshops, & sometimes I wear these at home, too - I got some great witchy/fairy* clothes from here:
http://www.luna-design.com/he/home.
Have seen other fun NIA clothes for sale online but it's hard to know if they'll fit, & it's too much of a pain to buy & return from here if they don't. The official NIA clothes are sold by teachers here, they look great but I don't like the synthetic fabrics.

*DD has some & looks like a fairy in them, I look like a witch .
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clothing, cute factor, dh likes, fitness apparel, matching clothing, workout clothes