Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-14, 11:58 AM  
DesertHeat

I started doing this last year when I started with videos. I threw out the old ratty stuff I had and got really bright crazy looking stuff from Ross, Marshalls, Target clearance. It actually does make me feel better looking the part. Some of it I wouldn't wear out the house though
DesertHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 12:25 PM  
bzbnmom

I have the cheaper basics from ShopKo and Walmart. Tight shorter shorts (love these), old longer shorts rolled up, older Danskin sleeveless tops. I love these fitted tops but don't see them in the stores anymore. At $5-$7 I should have bought a bunch more of these! They were the perfect length for me, now all the tops are too long (or too tight). I'm short, so top length is always a problem and I really really! dislike baggy tops in a plank or bent-over position.

I also would rather spend $ on DVDs.
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 12:33 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Sometimes, depending on my mood. And, almost always when dh is around.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 12:46 PM  
RachelW

I love to look cute when I work out! I don't care if i do work out in my basement. It makes me feel better somehow. I feel accomplished fitting into cute outfits. It's fun. 😃
Old 02-02-14, 01:19 PM  
videofit

No. I hate doing laundry. Just workout naked.
Old 02-02-14, 01:30 PM  
bonbon

Sometimes you can find really goo deals on Target's Champion workout wear and also Old Navy. I've bought $3 bras and $6 workout pants at ON.
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 01:47 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'm not a total slob but I don't buy workout separates that match. About 90% of my workout bras are black or white, and I pair those with whatever pants, capris or shorts are clean. My workout clothes are in good condition and I throw them out if they get holes or unraveling seams. I have a mix of Athleta, Old Navy, Gap Fit and Champion, plus a couple of old, old pairs of Carushka shorts that have held up remarkably well.
Old 02-02-14, 02:28 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelW View Post
I love to look cute when I work out! I don't care if i do work out in my basement. It makes me feel better somehow.
Me too! I used to wear the rattiest stuff when I worked out, but now I wear nice 'performance athletic apparel.' haha! I find it's more comfortable and flattering and it motivates me somehow.

Sometimes I'm a total nerd and coordinate my outfit to the color scheme of the workout--blue top for P57 and my P57 grippy socks, pink top for Ballet Physique, color coordinated with Cathe if I'm doing one of hers.

I can't believe I just admitted that on the internet... If you knew my mother, though, it would all make sense to you.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 02:43 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
No. I hate doing laundry. Just workout naked.
Hahahahah!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 02:58 PM  
Candiceena

I dress-up, because all workout-related clothes I own are cute. However, after spending a lot of money on cheaper workout clothes, I am finding that a lot of them arent truly COMFORTABLE. So this year I am devoted to spending money on quality clothes that are also cute. I want to buy some great fitting tops and bottoms from the site where Cathe's crew gets her clothes.

For sports bras, though, I just double up. Mine are all either black or colorful, so technically I suppose that is "dressed up" however, I am a 36DD and haven't brought myself to spend the big bucks on the bras. I find that wearing 2 lower-priced "larges" (like from the Nike outlet) work EXCEPTIONALLY well at making me feel supported. It is just a plus that they are all in fun colors.

Tags
clothing, cute factor, dh likes, fitness apparel, matching clothing, workout clothes