Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-14, 07:20 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

TA results?

For all of you Tracy lovers, what is your experience? I may venture into her world for a change.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 09:26 AM  
sanchiababy

Hi Macska!

I have come to love Tracy Anderson. It took a while for me to get used to her non-cueing and I can't do her dance cardio to save my life as I have quad tendonitis in my left leg that prevents me from doing a lot of high impact exercise. I can do a little but for me, hers is just too much in Metamorphosis. I want to try her new one that just came out late last year but haven't been able to get it yet. I concentrated on doing her Year 1 Continuity last year (mostly) along with Hip Hop Abs for cardio and ended up losing 30lbs. I was thrilled with myself as I could not believe that I was FINALLY able to get the weight off. My goal is 40 lbs but I know that the last 10 is going to be hell and I'm okay with that. My point in all of this is that you will probably curse her out while watching and trying to do that dvd but if you decide to go with her, don't give up too easily when you get frustrated. Her method did work for me. I have already purchased Year 2 Continuity and will probably jump into it in the next few months. I have 2 more weeks to finish Focus T25 over the next 2 weeks and then I will be doing P90X 3 after that.

Good luck to you.

Sanchiababy
sanchiababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 09:37 AM  
trixie108

I lost 35 pounds and sooo many inches with her, so I can only say good things. I didn't do hardly any cardio, and I really didn't do anything else either. I did the standard 10 days then moved on to the next level. I made it through year one, but didn't get to start year 2, because I'm pregnant now. I'm continuing on with her Pregnancy Project and my legs and arms still look pretty good.
Old 01-17-14, 10:36 AM  
SuzieC

I had a really hard time losing weight. I had done Firm Express, Body Revolution (up to middle of phase 2 i think), JNL Fusion (1.5 months) but didn't see much change until I started Tracy.
So far, I have lost about 35 pounds and 44 inches. I just completed 6 months of Tracy. I sometimes throw in T-Tapp (just cause I love it but it hurts my back), a wee bit of Tonique (I'm still not really strong enough or have the endurance to do a lot of Tonique but I'll sometimes do one of her Express workouts), but it's been pretty much Tracy for me.
What really helps is that I don't have to think about it or choose my workout. It's all laid out for me. That works for me.
These were my results in the midsection (I prob. won't keep this picture posted very long but it's here now):
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps6d495c90.png
Another thing to add - I can't really do much weights. As soon as I start to get DOMS, it takes my body too long to recover and I just feel spent. But I have Hashimoto's so I think that's why. I fatigue really easily, and need to be careful about that. With Tracy's workouts, I felt really challenged but my body felt invigorated rather than broken down. It's not for everyone, but if you want to try it, give it at least a couple of weeks to see if it fits with your needs. Have fun!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 10:52 AM  
violingal3

SuzieC - fantastic!!!! What an inspiration, thank you for sharing! Congratulations on your results, your hard work shows!!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 10:59 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
SuzieC - fantastic!!!! What an inspiration, thank you for sharing! Congratulations on your results, your hard work shows!!!!
Thanks! I'm still 11 lbs over a healthy BMI, but these workouts make me look a lot smaller than I am!

Last edited by SuzieC; 01-17-14 at 10:59 AM. Reason: fix typo
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 11:00 AM  
JulieIL

Congratulations Suzie- those are impressive results! You are such an inspiration!

I've had great results from TA as well. I have a muscular body type naturally, though I am an hourglass. I always excelled at & chose the hard core workouts- I thought that anything else was a waste of time & I just didn't see how something like TA could possibly work, especially for someone like me who was at the top of the list when someone needed help lifting something heavy.

Long story short, TA pulled my entire body in, gave me lines in my abs (even when I have flat abs, they are an area that just doesn't gain muscle), really streamlined my silhouette. I also gave up the long cardio sessions (with the heavier weights) about this time, so this influenced my results as well. I am no longer ravenous after working out. Interestingly, I have worked out since I've been about 11, but the compliments & questions about what I was doing came after I did TA glutecentric for about 3 months.

She may be worth a shot. Her Precision Toning is a good place to start if you're already in shape. This gives good pointers & Tracy is probably her most likable to the masses in this DVD. I also highly recommend Meta, as it just grows on you & allows you to have enough workouts for long enough to really see what her method will do for your body.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 11:01 AM  
pricek

WOW! SuzieC!! That's amazing! Congratulations! Your hard work and consistency has really paid off. You look amazing!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 11:32 AM  
SquishyMommy

SuzieC - Amazing Results! I was getting really good results too just in the short time I did TA Meta Omni, but I developed such a huge dread factor. I've decided I cannot give TA up completely so am just incorporating her workouts a few days a week. Did you do her cardio? I didn't do it at all and still lost a good amount of inches.
Old 01-17-14, 11:47 AM  
Dabbadooey

I've just purchased glutecentric. I'm not crazy about her personality, but I will give it a whirl. Does anybody do the cardio on a trampoline?
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, tam, tracy anderson, tracy anderson results