Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-13, 07:04 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
The music was good. It must have cost her a fortune to license, since she obviously doesn't buy pre-mixed workout music.
No worries. Leslie makes a fortune and can well afford it. Thanks for the review!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 08:01 AM  
horsemom2

There is absolutely no reason to follow a workout 100%. You bought it and you can use it however your own body wants to move.
I have been adding my own music to just about every workout I do. Sometimes the music and moves work together perfectly and sometimes they don't. Since i love the music, I just keep moving. I never dread working out and look forward to it every day.

Getting into the music makes moving for me energizing and fun. Instead of doing the same old moves everyday, I do the moves I like to do to different music, trying a new move here and there. Why play a boring game of *Follow the Leader* or *Simon Says* instead?
Every workout should be a Party.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 08:20 AM  
Fit Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Why play a boring game of *Follow the Leader* or *Simon Says* instead?

Barb S
+1
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 09:19 AM  
Gams

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to follow a workout 100% and if you want to be able to do that, I think that's reason enough. I know for me, if I played my own music during a workout and did my own moves, I would wonder why I even bothered to buy the DVD.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 09:40 AM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

I was finally able to this one. I do love the music! I like that workout, except I feel that show slows down way too much during her HiiT recoveries . I do jumping jacks during the bounces . I am another one that just doesn't like them for some reason.

I have to add that I did this on my rebounder, so I will have to try it on the floor and see if that makes it any better .

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 09:42 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to follow a workout 100% and if you want to be able to do that, I think that's reason enough. I know for me, if I played my own music during a workout and did my own moves, I would wonder why I even bothered to buy the DVD.
If you can find the perfect workout with moves, music and cuing you love, great!

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 10:16 AM  
pcramer

Quote:
There is absolutely no reason to follow a workout 100%. You bought it and you can use it however your own body wants to move.
I have been adding my own music to just about every workout I do. Sometimes the music and moves work together perfectly and sometimes they don't. Since i love the music, I just keep moving. I never dread working out and look forward to it every day.

Getting into the music makes moving for me energizing and fun. Instead of doing the same old moves everyday, I do the moves I like to do to different music, trying a new move here and there. Why play a boring game of *Follow the Leader* or *Simon Says* instead?

Barb S
I've been doing the same thing for the last few weeks. It's has done wonders for my workouts and calorie burn.. so much more fun!! I look forward to my workouts again
Old 11-21-13, 01:09 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
I agree with Barb! I used to think I had to do every workout exactly like the instructor, and it's great if I like a workout enough to do that, or if a workout contains absolutely no moves that aggravate any of my current of former injuries...but I don't think I have any workouts like that! Sometimes I feel like I'm modifying or changing the workout too much, but then I say to myself, "Whose workout is it? Mine." And I continue...

But back on topic...I enjoyed reading the reviews from those of you who have done the workout! The music was the only thing holding me back, so I think I will order it now.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-13, 05:47 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Just finished this. I liked it with the following comments:

The HIIT is lame. What she's doing isn't high intensity. She makes you bring your HR down (which I refused to do) and then brings it up to a nice pace for 30 seconds.

I didn't bounce. I often change up Leslie's move for HR purposes or just because I don't like them.

Same as always - dead space between songs, changing the move in the middle of a phrase of music. I don't see how anyone's brain and body can find it natural and comfortable to change a move when you know there are 4 beats of music left - especially someone leading the workout.

Still, it was fun. The music was good. It must have cost her a fortune to license, since she obviously doesn't buy pre-mixed workout music.
I hate that Leslie slows down before & after each HIIT. I also refuse to slow down before the HIITs. It just isn't necessary, & it brings the intensity of the whole workout way down.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-13, 07:09 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Smile

Quote:
If you can find the perfect workout with moves, music and cuing you love, great!

Barb S
I have yet in my over 30+ years as a home exerciser been able to find the perfect workout. I always change something up or wish something had been added or deleting from a workout.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, party