Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-13, 03:26 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Leslie Walk to the Hits Party Songs

I received my new "Leslie Walk to the Hits Party Songs" today.
I have really been looking forward to this and I am so glad it was released earlier than expected (I ordered from Collage)

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 03:29 PM  
Jane1721

Hi Linda, please let us know what you think of the workout! I still haven't decided if the workout looks like it will be fun enough to endure the annoyance of an MC Hammer song...
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 03:33 PM  
shoegoddess

I have the Radio Remix one and really like it. I plan on getting Party Songs too eventually.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
sherry7899

That's great that you got it early. I hope you like it! I will eagerly wait a review (no pressure )

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
Hi Linda, please let us know what you think of the workout! I still haven't decided if the workout looks like it will be fun enough to endure the annoyance of an MC Hammer song...
I sure will
Old 11-18-13, 03:35 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Sherry- lol uh oh I feel the pressure . I will either try it tonight or in morning!
Old 11-18-13, 03:36 PM  
sherry7899

No pressure!! Whenever you get a chance to try it is great

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 05:03 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Oh, I'd better get that ordered!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 05:16 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I ended up buying this one last week from BJ's for $9.99. I did it Saturday morning. I did enjoy it, but I modified the stupid (IMHO) bouncing--I actually made that more intense by doing more of a squat reach move. Leslie does the bouncing early in the workout, but she doesn't do it later on. There were 5 HIITs total--Leslie says that you're done with the HIITs (which are done early in the workout), but then she does another one later on. The HIITs are all high knee jogs, but Leslie alternates them with twists. Sometimes I felt compelled to follow & do twists, too, sometimes I felt compelled to continue with the more intense jogs.

I did enjoy it, but I didn't think there was a big variety of moves. She does do a lot of kickbacks, but maybe not enough knees or tapouts/to lunges for me to really like it. I know I didn't really like the other HIIT workout, but maybe it's just the day I did it or maybe I did this one so early in the a.m., I wasn't being as picky. All I know is they seem to be fairly similar, maybe this one has more variety. Sorry I can't be more help in describing the workout.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 06:55 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Just finished this. I liked it with the following comments:

The HIIT is lame. What she's doing isn't high intensity. She makes you bring your HR down (which I refused to do) and then brings it up to a nice pace for 30 seconds.

I didn't bounce. I often change up Leslie's move for HR purposes or just because I don't like them.

Same as always - dead space between songs, changing the move in the middle of a phrase of music. I don't see how anyone's brain and body can find it natural and comfortable to change a move when you know there are 4 beats of music left - especially someone leading the workout.

Still, it was fun. The music was good. It must have cost her a fortune to license, since she obviously doesn't buy pre-mixed workout music.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, party