Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-07-13, 11:07 PM  
mtnmom

This is one of the threads I remember. It's from 2009.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ight=Beachbody
Old 11-07-13, 11:43 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
This is just another extension of BB's bullying tactics they started several years ago. Ebay sellers were charged with selling bootlegs and were required to produce the original sales receipt.

Beachbody must have quite the legal department, but they certainly use sleazy tactics.

I have no interest in purchasing their products and supporting their business.
This. As a PP stated, report this to your state attorney general, the attorney general of CA and the FTC. First Sale Doctrine protects the resale of legally purchased DVDs. I hate these strong arm, harassing and potentially illegal tactics. This is beyond ridiculous.
Old 11-08-13, 03:58 AM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
This is one of the threads I remember. It's from 2009.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ight=Beachbody
Wow!
I just edited my thread.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 06:11 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdoctor01 View Post
Wow! BB must not know about www.ioffer.com since they are monitoring Amazon and eBay.
Ummmm....I think we should delete this so they don't find out!

I detest BB as a business. Sleazy and disgusting are two words that adequately describe this company. They make money on the S&H and won't allow people to ship at a cheaper rate....really?????

I have given in to 2 BB programs but the expense, S&H, and their sleaziness keep me away. I have to really WANT it to buy it.

From what I see on this thread the company continues to live down to it's name...big boo.
Old 11-08-13, 06:17 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
This. As a PP stated, report this to your state attorney general, the attorney general of CA and the FTC. First Sale Doctrine protects the resale of legally purchased DVDs. I hate these strong arm, harassing and potentially illegal tactics. This is beyond ridiculous.
I agree and this is what I would do but gosh it sure is a lot of work just to try and sell a couple of dvd's you don't want...but if everyone did this maybe BB would have to change it's bullying ways when it comes to reselling at least.
Old 11-08-13, 08:28 AM  
Eibhinn

[QUOTE=JulieIL;2316186]
Quote:
Good grief- assumption of guilt (bootleg) unless an original receipt is produced. This is just so wrong. I do understand that producers need to make $$ ( & that's not a bad thing) or these DVDs won't be produced, but they are really messing with their customers here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
It seems to me that if BeachBody wants to be THIS controlling, they need to have a buy-back program.

If they want the big money, they need to go regular retail, and quit monkeying around with direct sales and bully tactics.
This is what I REALLY don't get here. Given the prevalence of genuine bootlegging, and the seemingly easy access to copies of Beachbody products via illegal downloads (perhaps this isn't necessarily the case anymore, I don't know), you'd think Beachbody would be hesitant to go after completely innocent customers who have legally purchased their products. I mean, it strikes me that this sort of uber-controlling behaviour could inadvertently encourage bootlegging and illegal downloads, either because people feel that purchasing the product is much riskier, in that you can't recoup the cost if the pretty expensive purchase ends up being regretted, or just out of spite if they alienate and anger a previously loyal customer base.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 10:06 AM  
pcdoctor01

Gigi,
I just edited my thread. You should edit yours with the other website that I mentioned. Thx.
Doh!
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 10:10 AM  
Sam
VF Supporter

I checked out P90X from my local library, tried it out, and decided to look for a used set on Amazon, eBay, whatever. Since Amazon and QVC were charging full price, and it's impossible to tell if listed items on eBay are counterfeit, I came over to this forum to check out the chatter. Thanks for the info previous posters. This explains it!

Those listings on that i site are obvious counterfeits. What's a girl who wants to buy a legitimate used set at a reasonable discount for a used product to do?
Old 11-08-13, 10:48 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Those listings on that i site are obvious counterfeits. What's a girl who wants to buy a legitimate used set at a reasonable discount for a used product to do?
Try Ya Yas.......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 11:02 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Try Ya Yas.......
Or make a trade here at VF. BB certainly knows about VF. Have they ever tried to interfere with trading here?

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beach body, beachbody, mary total fitness dvd's, p90x, reselling, totalfitnessdvds