Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-13, 06:59 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzo View Post
I am too lazy and unmotivated to chime in on FB, but I made sure to like Debbie and Candice's comments. . But like I mentioned in my previous comments, if you want see an ugly example of two fitness brands acting unprofessional unprofessional on social media, check out the recent Freddy/Bodyrock vs. Zuzanna debacle. For the most part, Z has handled herself well, while Freddy has been nothing but whiny, entitled and confrontational (he recently bashed Lululemon because they don't sponsor Bodyrock, apparently), but dang I feel I know too much about their impending divorce than I need to know.
Z just posted on her blog about her entire marriage to Freddie and how he exploited her. Of course, we all knew that already, but apparently he forced her hand to post something because he posted that she had physically and mentally abused him. So she called him a bully and told her side of the story.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 07:15 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Z just posted on her blog about her entire marriage to Freddie and how he exploited her. Of course, we all knew that already, but apparently he forced her hand to post something because he posted that she had physically and mentally abused him. So she called him a bully and told her side of the story.
Yes, I am well-aware of that. Freddy has since posted an additional post that continues to paint himself as the victim. If I didn't already have little respect for him, I think it is pretty much gone at this point. I don't see his brand lasting much longer.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 08:05 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yes, I am well-aware of that. Freddy has since posted an additional post that continues to paint himself as the victim. If I didn't already have little respect for him, I think it is pretty much gone at this point. I don't see his brand lasting much longer.
I took him off my friend list after I read his nauseating post. So tacky to continue his dribble. He really is slime. Sounds harsh! But it's true. Look what he's done to Lisa in a short period of time. She doesn't even look the same. He must look for women with low self esteem issues to mold.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 08:05 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
I don't follow Bodyrock, only Zuzana, so I wasn't aware he was bad-mouthing her until she posted last week. I feel so badly for Zuzana.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 08:27 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I took him off my friend list after I read his nauseating post. So tacky to continue his dribble. He really is slime. Sounds harsh! But it's true. Look what he's done to Lisa in a short period of time. She doesn't even look the same. He must look for women with low self esteem issues to mold.
That's why it's easier to believe zusana. Besides she seems sweet.
Old 07-20-13, 08:31 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
This isn't as bad as the whole Zuzanna vs. Freddy debacle playing out on Facebook, but this is still pretty low.
Ain't that about the truth? Now where is that roll eyes emoticon again?
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 08:33 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
So true. I remember some of the threads here about Body Rock when they first came around and all the heavy breathing and moaning turned a lot of VFers off. When Z left and the heavy breathing, moaning and graphic T&A shots continued it wasn't too hard to figure out who was really behind all of it.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 08:44 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
He is probably jealous of the success that she has had without him. She is reaching people now on DVD that she never would have if she only continued her online workouts.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 10:04 PM  
marmact

He strikes me as a classic control freak. I just browsed those posts, but find it highly ironic that he included a pic of Nigella Lawson being choked by her husband. Didn't that guy also cry the media a river about how he was actually the victim in that situation?? Ugh.

I'm sure neither one of them is perfectly innocent--people behave badly when their marriage is disintegrating. But he walked out with the business and certainly seems to be the party continuing to push the hypersexualized marketing angle, so I'm very disinclined to believe what he has to say.
Old 07-20-13, 10:42 PM  
afirmrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Putting someone down to feel better about oneself is the lowest of the low, IMO.
Just stick to singing your praises.

(perhaps people aren't biting with their streaming prices of $40 and $60/month)
agreed!

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bizzie gold, buti, buti fitness