Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-13, 10:12 AM  
sunday

Tacky. Low class.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 10:16 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

How gauche. Don't they know it's "in" to bash Crossfit?

I wish Buti and others would realize that many people do many different workouts, without this us vs. them mentality.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 10:41 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Yeesh. Very bad precedent to set for other fitness instructors. Why feel the need to call out someone specifically like that? It's bad enough when they slyly "hint" at who they are bashing. I don't know anything about the Buti workouts, but this certainly doesn't reflect well on them.
Old 07-20-13, 10:41 AM  
desie

I think Bizzie is very young in many ways and if I judge, I tend to forgive too. Perhaps it is better to just enjoy the amazing great workouts that instructors make and leave it at that.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 10:56 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
I think Bizzie is very young in many ways and if I judge, I tend to forgive too. Perhaps it is better to just enjoy the amazing great workouts that instructors make and leave it at that.
well said.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 11:25 AM  
azuniga

Quote:
i think bizzie is very young in many ways and if i judge, i tend to forgive too. Perhaps it is better to just enjoy the amazing great workouts that instructors make and leave it at that.
ita!
Old 07-20-13, 12:14 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
I was going to say the same thing. I have been doing TA for two years and Buti for seven months. Tonique is the only other DVD workouts that I do every week besides these two. I cross train with other dvds and the gym.
Old 07-20-13, 12:28 PM  
Darkatheart

If this was anyone else but TA I would say this isn't right. But who are we kidding? You can't get much lower class than TA and her anti-woman business model that she uses. What other instructor has been responsible for causing more injuries, more disordered eating and thinking and more self loathing that the fairy dust princess herself? I go through a lot of these threads on FB. I see first hand what a lot of TAM devotees go through. There should be a TA recovery support group somewhere. Bizzie is only 26 years old. She probably didn't think this through entirely before she posted it, but I get what shes saying.
Darkatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 12:30 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I do think this is one of the disadvantages of social media--we sometimes learn a little too much about instructors/actors/media personalities. Back in the day, they put out a product (or a film or whatever), we decided if we liked it, bought it and that was it. Now we have to sometimes tune out the background noise of red carpet interviews, FB posts, comment wars, blog entries, etc.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 12:57 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatheart View Post
If this was anyone else but TA I would say this isn't right. But who are we kidding? You can't get much lower class than TA and her anti-woman business model that she uses. What other instructor has been responsible for causing more injuries, more disordered eating and thinking and more self loathing that the fairy dust princess herself? I go through a lot of these threads on FB. I see first hand what a lot of TAM devotees go through. There should be a TA recovery support group somewhere. Bizzie is only 26 years old. She probably didn't think this through entirely before she posted it, but I get what shes saying.
Oh wow, I didn't realize Bizzie was only 26 years old. Yeah, it probably is a case of being young and naïve...not realizing or thinking through the ramifications of posting something like that. It sounds like her heart was in the right place...but...this type of thing from fitness instructors does need to be discouraged. People have plenty of other outlets to learn about the negatives of a particular instructor and/or they can figure it out for themselves. It's not up to a competing fitness instructor to point fingers, especially when they mean to profit from that. Hopefully she'll realize the boo boo and learn from it in the future.

Tags
bizzie gold, buti, buti fitness