Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-20-13, 01:23 PM  
laurajhawk

P90X - first round (2007-8), lost 14 lbs, gained muscle & definition, felt better, got stronger.

P90X - second round (2009-10), lost a few lbs, gained muscle & definition, felt a bit better, got stronger. (Didn't follow the diet as closely that time.)

Chalene Extreme - nice shoulders, sore elbow

Brazil Butt Lift - tightened my legs, abs, and butt; improved my mood.

Les Mills Combat - lost 4 lbs, slightly slimmer legs, nice arms & shoulders, improved cardio endurance

Insanity (1 workout) - felt great exhilaration after workout followed by extreme dread when thinking of 2nd workout, lent set out, asked friend to please not return it.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 01:30 PM  
Kyra

P90X - I became a pushup MACHINE doing this program. Did not lose weight, but wasn't trying to; overall was impressed with my strength gains. It also reminded me how damned important it is to keep gym logs!

Slim Series - BAHAHAHA, hands down one of the most tedious experiences I've ever had. The only time I've bailed on a rotation because I just pure D hated it; the fact that it was also making my arms look like twigs didn't help.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 08:09 PM  
RedPanda

I've mentioned this on another thread, but I had fantastic results from P90X2.

* I improved my core strength and now enjoy Pilates a lot more
* My balance improved a great deal
* All the balance work leaned out my thighs (wish I'd taken measurements, but my pants are a lot looser)
* I can jump higher
* I have improved my movement quality in general
* I increased my deadlift from 75 to 77.5 kilos
* I gained definition in my arms and shoulders
* I can now hold a side plank forever
* The weighted work in Warrior 3 gave me a strange yen to do workouts like Xen Strength, and the "Strong" section of Kristin McGee's Strong, Sexy, Svelte.

Insanity

I would never do the rotation as written, but sprinkle in the workouts on cardio days - they have increased my cardio capacity.

Brazil Butt Lift

Again, I haven't/wouldn't do it as written, but it did lift my bootay. I often do "High and Tight" on barre days.
Old 04-20-13, 08:52 PM  
met fan

I keep checking this thread to see if anyone had good results with slim in 6. I am thinking of doing a rotation. I tried P90X awhile ago but it was too much for me.
met fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 08:58 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by met fan View Post
I keep checking this thread to see if anyone had good results with slim in 6. I am thinking of doing a rotation. I tried P90X awhile ago but it was too much for me.
I was just going to chime in and say I had fantastic results with Slim in 6! I only lost about 6lbs, but several inches. I didn't measure, but I dropped 3 pant sizes. It really worked absolute wonders for my waist, hips & thighs. I did the workouts 4-5x per week and combined it with walking.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 09:03 PM  
daisyduke

I have done so many rotations... I will include them all in order (even if they aren't Beachbody)... my diet is usually pretty similar (i always follow ww):

First intro to exercise - the Firm rotated cardio and strength daily- lost inches not weight but then stopped losing, no definition gained

Slim Series - excellent results - leaned out, nice definition, lost weight, leg definition, arm definition

Chalene Extreme - got bigger, no weight loss

P90X - more definition, good abs, got BIGGER (my old shirts stopped fitting), linebacker shoulders, no leg definition even with adding in extra cardio

STS - got even bigger!!!! ugh. stopped during meso 3.

Tracy Anderson - leaned out and got so small in the arms, legs, and abs, all bulk disappeared in just a few weeks, totally amazed!!!!! thought i stopped making progress so did

Body Beast - BIGGER immediately did not lean out, did not get smaller, gained weight and figured i needed a lot of cardio to get smaller so tried

Insanity - hated it, dreaded everyday, no results at all then ran back to

Tracy Anderson as quickly as possible and have not and will not stray ever again!!
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beach body, beachbody, beachbody results, favorite beachbody