Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-13, 01:40 AM  
daisyfit

Results from Beachbody programs?

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Focus T 25 and I was wondering what results good and bad anyone has got from Beachbody programs?

Insanity and asylum- have been wonderful for my cardio endurance and Asylum workouts have really toned my body.

Turbofire- I got great ab definition from these workouts.

Tai Cheng- I gave up on.

Body Beast- great definition in my arms and legs.

Chalean Extreme- my arms got nice and shapely.

The jury is out on Les Mills Pump And Combat workouts. I may give them another go to see if I can get results from them.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 04:39 AM  
mrsyancy

P90x gave me some GREAT results.....it toned and slimmed my body down and I was in such awesome shape

Im getting some pretty good results so far from doing asylum 2(3 weeks in so far)....so well see

Haven't done a full rotation of any of the other programs, just bits and pieces of turbo fire, p90x2, asylum 1, and Chalean xtreme

Did 60 days of insanity(but didnt really watch what I was eating), so no significant physical changes, but my endurance went thru the roof

Don't own body beast, but I hope to try it
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 06:32 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Smile

One month of a Body Gospel rotation I lost 10lbs in 2011. Have just started same back up to hopefully get the same results ( had to work back up to this after a tailbone injury last june). Wasn't particular about my diet then...just kinda watched portions and was more mindful.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 06:35 AM  
mommyofjoeyp

P90X-I got great results! I lost 3 inches off my waist in 6 weeks and got back to my pre-baby size after having 4 babies in 5 years.

CLX-I did it right after P90X when I was already back to where I wanted to be. It added definition to my arms especially.
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 06:38 AM  
Bebop

I only have Turbofire and it has increased my cardio capacity.

It's true what Chalene says. Doing Hiit makes your other cardio workouts easy.

They are also fun so I don't mind doing a longer cardio. I can't say anything about muscular definition because I rarely do the toning workouts but IMHO
that 10 minutes stretch is my favorite after workout stretch.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 11:07 AM  
MamaBecca

CLX was the first workout program I did. I was very overweight and thrilled to find a workout that I could even do. I remember almost *dying* the first time I did Burn Intervals (a lighter weight, more metabolic type workout), but it got easier each time. It's what made me fall in love with weightlifting and helped drop a lot of pounds.

TurboFire helped my endurance tremendously, but didn't give me the fat loss I hoped for. I thought it was so fun though.

Les Mills Pump/Combat -- love these. Still doing them after my rotation. Pump really helped my lower body firm up. Combat keeps my core section toned.

I've seen results with all the BeachBody programs that I've used (I won't comment on the Insanity set that sits unused -- I'm sure that one would help me if I'd just do it!). I'm also looking forward to T25 -- it sounds fantastic!

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 11:19 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I recently finished YBB's Abs and Butt Makeover. It wasn't heavy-duty, but I was under a lot of stress and I loved how cheerful it was. It kept me going and in shape. Also, I noticed when I did joint mobility DVDs, how much joint mobility work is in the YBBs.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 12:12 PM  
neatski

I did an Insanity rotation a while back and wasn't too thrilled with the results. I felt I was working so, so, so hard, and while I gained endurance, I didn't really notice any positive changes in my body. Weight training has always worked much better for me than overloading on cardio. Ymmv!

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 12:31 PM  
ADoll

Only rotation I finished was CLX. I lost 10 lbs but was also watching my food intake.
Co-workers noticed that I lost weight.

Insanity-did for 2 weeks. No weight change but greater endurance.

Can't wait for Focus T25!
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 12:37 PM  
Zenara25

Have not done any beachbody rotations, only my own rotations. But my DH did both P90X and after a recovery week right into Insanity. With P90X he lost about 10lbs and gained muscle. I thought he looked great With Insanity he lost about 15lbs. He was now at a perfect BMI according to those charts. But looked too thin IMHO. And could be a coincidence but less than a month later injured his back badly and he stopped exercising for a year

I've done Insanity workouts but I would never do the Insanity rotation. For me it's too intense to do for 60 days in a row. I really like to mix it up anyways.

BTW DH is now doing P90X again
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beach body, beachbody, beachbody results, favorite beachbody