Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-13, 09:11 AM  
LeanneM

Thanks for sharing these! I've been wanting to try her workouts, and this is the perfect way to do so!

I tried using the Keep It software, but it doesn't work for me for some reason. Is RealDownloader something that you just download on its own to save videos?
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 09:57 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Download Helper for Firefox (it's near the top of the Firefox most popular addons list) has been working great for me. When the video's playing, I click on the drop-down arrow next to the little pulsating balls symbol, select the highest-def mp4 file (most have 720p available, some have 1080p) and "Quick Download". Then I save it to my portable hard drive, and either play it off my laptop or plug it into the USB outlet in my TV.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 10:11 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Download Helper for Firefox (it's near the top of the Firefox most popular addons list) has been working great for me. When the video's playing, I click on the drop-down arrow next to the little pulsating balls symbol, select the highest-def mp4 file (most have 720p available, some have 1080p) and "Quick Download". Then I save it to my portable hard drive, and either play it off my laptop or plug it into the USB outlet in my TV.
Thank you so much, SueB! I'm going to try this right now!!
Old 03-02-13, 02:08 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Thanks for sharing these! I've been wanting to try her workouts, and this is the perfect way to do so!

I tried using the Keep It software, but it doesn't work for me for some reason. Is RealDownloader something that you just download on its own to save videos?
RealDownloader is part of the RealPlayer download. Download the player and you'll get it.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 08:54 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
RealDownloader is part of the RealPlayer download. Download the player and you'll get it.
Thanks for the help!
Old 03-02-13, 09:28 PM  
moonbeam31

thanks so much for posting these- I was actually thinking about getting the Buti set-now I know these are DEFINITELY NOT for me!!!! Thanks!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 11:32 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Thanks, Sue B!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
thanks so much for posting these- I was actually thinking about getting the Buti set-now I know these are DEFINITELY NOT for me!!!! Thanks!
Awwww ... I hear you, MB. I don't click with flow yoga, despise floor work, and am adverse to rump shaking (on me, lol), so I ignored most of the Buti Revolution threads. Then I read that a VF'er who also disliked yoga really liked Buti. I need more flexibility work and Buti has a light cardio effect, so I caved. I thought these were definitely not for me, though, when I first previewed. Yet I tried the 45-minute workout this morning and, surprisingly, really like it! The workout flew by, I felt exhilarated afterward and my body really opened up. Halfway through the workout, I noticed I was fully accessing a couple yoga positions with Buti that I have trouble with in traditional yoga classes. I don't know why that is, but I won't argue with it. The "rump shaking" move looks a bit much on clips but seemed barely noticeable/insignificant during the workout. Nonetheless, I do plan to keep the plantation shutters tightly closed while I'm doing this workout.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 11:58 AM  
herya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Thanks, Sue B!

Awwww ... I hear you, MB. I don't click with flow yoga, despise floor work, and am adverse to rump shaking (on me, lol), so I ignored most of the Buti Revolution threads. Then I read that a VF'er who also disliked yoga really liked Buti. I need more flexibility work and Buti has a light cardio effect, so I caved. I thought these were definitely not for me, though, when I first previewed. Yet I tried the 45-minute workout this morning and, surprisingly, really like it! The workout flew by, I felt exhilarated afterward and my body really opened up. Halfway through the workout, I noticed I was fully accessing a couple yoga positions with Buti that I have trouble with in traditional yoga classes. I don't know why that is, but I won't argue with it. The "rump shaking" move looks a bit much on clips but seemed barely noticeable/insignificant during the workout. Nonetheless, I do plan to keep the plantation shutters tightly closed while I'm doing this workout.
Although they are not my cup of tea (LOL!) these workouts look really well designed and I am sure that all the hip work and shoulder loosening makes yoga poses much more accessible. I think Bizzie is on to something here in terms of effective bodywork.
Old 03-03-13, 01:17 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
Thanks for posting the link. I didn't care for the Vimeo workouts - the music/lyrics were a bit too much for me. However, I will give these BUTI workouts another try.
The music in her DVDs are like the ones in the Good Earth clips. I remember when I first did one of the vimeo downloads (the one with the rap music), I didn't like to hear the swearing in the music. However, I liked the workout so I bought the DVDs. Since then, I got used to the downloads too and I've been doing one Buti wo each week. I like how I get flexibility mixed with cardio and toning too. The hip rolling/shaking does open up the hips especially when we're in low squat position. The same can be said for the upper body rolling/shaking.
Old 03-03-13, 01:40 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I like how I get flexibility mixed with cardio and toning too. The hip rolling/shaking does open up the hips especially when we're in low squat position. The same can be said for the upper body rolling/shaking.
I downloaded these after reading this thread. My hip flexors are very inflexible so I think these might really help me.

I have to say, after watching the full workouts, she really doesn't come across as vulgar at all to me. I mean, sure, her shorts could be about six inches bigger, LOL, but the rump shaking/hip-heavy moves do not seem sexual. Plus, she's laughing a little and just looks like she's having a good time.

Now I'm sorry I didn't trade for the set when I had the chance, LOL.

Anyway, this is really what you have to love about VF, right? The perseverance of posters and a willingness to always change your mind.

Tags
bizzie gold, buti fitness, free, youtube