Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-12, 03:57 PM  
PhyllisG

Old Navy or Marshalls. Capri's, sports bra and some old Banana Republic tank tops that are still in great condition. I wear my work out clothes until the very end of their life span. I don't like to spend money on workout clothes all that much. I prefer spending it on DVDs.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 04:13 PM  
CharM

Short shorts usually found on clearance at Sports Authority, and tanks from Ross, although my last few were Champion from Amazon.
I don't like to spend too much money on clothes I'm going to sweat in.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 04:22 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

I love slightly fitted capris (not tight but not baggy enough to annoy me), like I have a pair of Danskins I got at a yard sale five years ago that still look great...I wear them a few times a week. Also recently found two pairs of Danskin crops at Goodwill and have had good luck with those too.

I wear them with tanks with a sports bra underneath, if it doesn't have a built in shelf bra. Most of my tanks are Champion Double Dry (love those and they're $12-$18, depending on color and where you get them...have found them at Academy and Amazon). I like to look modest enough that I wouldn't be embarrassed if my kids woke up early and walked downstairs, lol.

I am among those that find cute workout clothes motivating, but I'm too cheap to buy the boutique outfits at $100+ an ensemble. I have to draw the line somewhere! (When it comes to the dvds, I'm still trying to find that line, lol.)
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 04:38 PM  
wookiemouse

I do cute, inexpensive gear from Target and JCP. Usually a colorful bra under a tank top and shorts. I often wear my workout clothes out (ie, drop off the kids at school then go do workout), so I try to be decent. Plus, it IS motivating. Drabby clothes make me feel drabby!

Completed: P90X, CLX, TF, TF/CLX hybrid (x3), Les Mills Pump, STS (x3), NROLFW, Focus T25, P90X3, Body Beast, Insanity half-grad

Currently doing: Strong
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 04:39 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I usually wear some old t-shirts (regular style, nothing fancy) and either long yoga pants or yoga capris (Old Navy). Everything is already a couple of years old and will probably last a few more. Since I only work out at home, I don't care if anything looks old, half faded etc.

I always like looking at some people in workout videos and what they wear (Denise Austin comes to mind, I like her stuff -in her newer videos!- as well as Ellen's) but I just can't/won't justify spending ~70$ on a tank top that I only wear for 60 minutes max!.. It's just not in my budget!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 04:40 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Old Navy or Marshalls. Capri's, sports bra and some old Banana Republic tank tops that are still in great condition. I wear my work out clothes until the very end of their life span. I don't like to spend money on workout clothes all that much. I prefer spending it on DVDs.
That's totally me too!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 06:15 PM  
wendy2

I really like workout skort thingies, and I can wear a child's size XL from Target--$12 instead of $22+ in the adult section, and it's the same thing...

I like the Target champion seamless sports bras, too.

When it's cold, I have t-shirts and long sleeved workout shirts on top of the sports bra, but I get hot easily so strip down pretty quickly. All of my workout tops are from TJ Maxx, Marshall's or Target, and I rarely buy new stuff. I used to spend a lot on workout clothes, but then realized there is no reason to when you're in your basement!

Most important to me is that they aren't uncomfortable or baggy--I hate bending over and having my shirt fall into my face!
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 08:51 PM  
IrishOT

At home all year: tank top with shelf bra from clearance at Old Navy or back when American Eagle sold AERIE F.I.T. for a while. Pants are running shorts from Old Navy with the built in underwear thing. The outer part kind of reminds me of men's swim trunks (also purchased on clearance). Most of it is is at least 5 or more years old, but it still works! I do try to coordinate colors, but nothing matches exactly. I will wear a pink top with pants that are grey with pink stripes on the side or black shorts with a lime green top...etc.

Running Summer: I wear tanks and sports bra usually from Wal-mart or Old Navy. I will pay the $5 for one at Wal-Mart, but wait for Old Navy to go on clearance and then wait for when they have 30% of clearance items...
Running/bike shorts from either Wal-mart or Old Navy with the clearance stipulation mentioned above. I also have a few short sleeve neon running shirts I got on clearance at Target last year for $3.24.

Running Fall/Winter: Mostly things from clearance at TJ Maxx, Old Navy, or Marshalls. Typically running tights with at 1/4 zip top, different weights/layers depending on temp.

Yoga Class: Cheap racer back tank or top with sports brafrom wal-mart with yoga capris from Old Navy (purchased on clearance of course )

I do have a few running things DH bought me at Dicks that are "name brand" A few UnderArmor and Reebok tops and Reebok running tights. I'm silly and save them for Races only....
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 09:37 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I like TJ Maxx and Marshall's for workout clothes. I often find the same Champion stuff they carry at Target for less at these two stores. My favs are from Adidas. Love their shorts and tops. Also, check out Sierratradingpost.com. They often have good buys on workout clothing.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 09:57 PM  
KathAL79

I usually wear a jogbra with a top (I have some old sleeveless shirts that are too grungy to wear as normal clothes, but I also have some Champion and similar shirts from Costco, BJ's, Target, etc., that I picked up when I was frequenting a gym more often.) or a long jogbra top with shorts or pants (most are Champion or Addidas, picked up at Costco, Target clearance racks, TJMaxx sales, etc.)

I tend to hold onto workout clothes until they start to grow a hole, which they usually choose to do in an inappropriate place (meaning along seams where undies can be seen).

I don't look anywhere near as put together as exercisers in a workout video, but oddly I usually look more geared up than most woman at the gym I used to go to (most wore workout or sweat pants with T-shirts over jog bras or the a more fitted jogbra top/top with a shelf bra).

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout clothes