Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-12, 06:19 PM  
JessicaW

Malibu Pilates dvds

Hi there, I just acquired a brand new Malibu Pilates chair on Kijiji for 30 bucks. I thought it was a good deal except it didn't come with the dvds. I can't seem to buy them individually on the website either. Does anyone know where I can buy the Malibu Pilates dvds without re-purchasing the chair???
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 02:26 PM  
killoffsonny

Did you try ebay or amazon?
Old 03-31-12, 02:28 PM  
killoffsonny

I forgot to ask how you liked the chair? Is it sturdy? Does it fold up easy? I've thought of buying one. I attend pilates classes about two or three times a week. LOVE pilates.
Old 03-31-12, 03:10 PM  
Dawn
VF Supporter

Not sure if you're interested in a subscription to a website but Pilatesanytime.com has quite a few workouts for the Wunda Chair, which looks just like the Malibu Pilates. What I like about this site is that the workouts are downloadable and I am able to burn them to DVDr. Not sure of the price, it's $20 or $25 a month. I usually sign up when Tracey Mallet has a new workout

Dawn
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 03:17 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

http://www.hsn.com/susan-lucci/malib...848791_xp.aspx

HSN
Old 03-31-12, 05:44 PM  
JessicaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
Did you try ebay or amazon?
Yes I did! I got a very kind pm from a helpful vfer who told me to look on ebay which I did and found some with a starting bid of 0.99 so I have bid on some and I am waiting patiently....
Old 03-31-12, 05:45 PM  
JessicaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
I forgot to ask how you liked the chair? Is it sturdy? Does it fold up easy? I've thought of buying one. I attend pilates classes about two or three times a week. LOVE pilates.
It is sturdy. I can't quite get the hang of folding it up 'easily' so I left it set up because putting it away has been frustrating as the springs seem to pop off of it when I try to fold it. I have sort of played with it but I'm not sure yet how challenging it's gonna be. I need to learn some of the moves. There is a move I did try where you put one foot on the spring handle and one foot on the chair and you lunge up onto the chair. This is definitely challenging and raises my heart rate. But I'm sure there are many more moves I need to learn.
Old 03-31-12, 05:49 PM  
JessicaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Not sure if you're interested in a subscription to a website but Pilatesanytime.com has quite a few workouts for the Wunda Chair, which looks just like the Malibu Pilates. What I like about this site is that the workouts are downloadable and I am able to burn them to DVDr. Not sure of the price, it's $20 or $25 a month. I usually sign up when Tracey Mallet has a new workout

Dawn
Thanks for the advice. I looked at the workouts and you're right - the Wunda chair is exactly like the Malibu Pilates chair (except it's probably a thousand dollars more!) I'm gonna look further into this site.
Old 03-31-12, 05:50 PM  
JessicaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Thanks!
Old 03-31-12, 05:57 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I had the DVDs at one time but I've misplaced them in a move otherwise I would give you mine. I did like them at all, I thought they went too fast. Dawn's suggestion about getting the chair workouts from Pilatesanytime is excellent. They are much better and easily adaptable to the Malibu chair.

Jessica, you got a great price on that chair.

Tags
malibu pilates, wunda chair