Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-12, 04:31 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellybelly View Post
I do not think so. I thought the upper body DVD had a nice balance of hands on the mat alternating with forearms/sidework - I liked that made it tough but not over the top.
I agree. I did the entire DVD and didn't expect to be able to. My expectation was that I would need to split mat and weights over 2 days. With the mat work, she goes back and forth a lot between positions so you get worked but not to the point where you feel like your arms will fall off (unlike some of her downloads).
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-12, 04:58 PM  
Gancho Girl

Ohhhh, I like that the rotation builds up in level with you. That's fabulous!

Okay, I'm definitely ordering these at the end of February, when my credit card has had a chance to recover (snort! wishful thinking) from the shock of my facilitator training for The Groove Method (and the trip(s) to Lululemon I'll be making while I'm in Sydney!), as well as all the paint (and paint related stuff) I've had to buy for painting the fence.

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 12:37 AM  
Honeydew

I don't have the dvds yet and I downloaded the plan! so maybe I"ll get those dvds really soon!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 09:24 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
I don't have the dvds yet and I downloaded the plan! so maybe I"ll get those dvds really soon!
Same here... I'm hoping to find them in my mailbox today!! I didn't go to the post office yesterday, so I have high hopes for today
Old 01-20-12, 09:41 AM  
suegy3

I'm glad that she recommends doing half of the reps for beginners. I thought that this DVD was possibly out of my league but I wanted it anyway.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 10:03 AM  
Exercise Diva

I ordered these too but haven't gotten mine yet. Question: I see that she recommends combining the upper body and lower body with the core workout in the more advanced levels. Is she suggesting a 90 minute workout (the dvds are around 45 minutes long, right?)? Just wondering how that will work or if the core workout is shorter than I thought? Thanks.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 10:10 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I ordered these too but haven't gotten mine yet. Question: I see that she recommends combining the upper body and lower body with the core workout in the more advanced levels. Is she suggesting a 90 minute workout (the dvds are around 45 minutes long, right?)? Just wondering how that will work or if the core workout is shorter than I thought? Thanks.
Yep-the core workout is 45 minutes as well, so it would be a 90 minute workout. My schedule is busy but flexible, so I can do 90 minute workouts--but that might be tough for the majority of people. In any case, I'm doing the Intermediate rotation (or rather, a hybrid of the advanced and intermediate rotations) because I'm not ready for advanced and I also want to get my CS time in.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 09:54 PM  
tammy

Think I want these can I ask what cardio you are doing with them?
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 10:33 PM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy View Post
Think I want these can I ask what cardio you are doing with them?
I aim for dancey-cardio or similar, rather than kickboxing. Leah suggests avoiding kickboxing as it uses the glutes/legs so much, and Ballet Body is already working those heavily too!

---

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Old 01-10-13, 10:37 PM  
Gancho Girl

Even better, here's what Leah says on her website about cardio with Ballet Body:

The only workouts necessary to include with the program are cardiovascular workouts and this means any rhythmic, endurance workout (walking, dancing, running, cycling, swimming,etc). Do not perform kickboxing, kettle bell, or boot camp workouts that combine resistance training with cardiovascular intervals in conjunction with the Ballet Body® Periodization System. This can be confusing but these types of workouts are not “cardio”. Yes they achieve cardiovascular benefits but at the same time work the muscles (break down the muscle fibers), and with BBPS, rest days are vital to achieving success. Combining other workouts will either cause overtraining or work against the results and benefits you achieve with Ballet Body® . If you want to elongate your muscles with the Ballet Body® segments, but then perform kettle bell exercises, you are working your muscles in two completely different ways and therefore your results will suffer. Repeated training soley in the elongation techniques will result in longer and leaner muscles. Because Ballet Body® offers complete periodized workout plans, there is no need to add additional workouts. However, you can include a yoga class once a week with Ballet Body®. During the 4-6 weeks after completing the workout systems, you can perform any type of workout that is different from the Ballet Body® workouts. I encourage the boot camp, kettle bell, and traditional resistance training with heavy weights for this 4-6 week interval!

---

Tags
ballet body rotation, ballet body rotations