Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-12, 02:19 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I'd suggest Gaiam TV - they have Leslies PLUS other content. There are a ton of services for 9.99 a month. Just yesterday someone posted one by the producer for Beach Body. It's getting hard to keep up.

On the Roku, there is Gaiam TV (9.99 a month), Gymbox (9.99 a month) Live Exercise (free uses exercise bands) and a couple seasons of exhale yoga (I think). There is also a Pilates channel (I think Daisy Sunshine likes this one).

So far, I'm going with Gymbox, but their workouts are minimum of 30 minutes and none are less than intermediate. Gaiam TV, I'm torn about. If you love the Firm, Leslie and Yoga, it's for you. But it doesn't really go above int.

Waiting for the beg to adv channel I guess.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 02:20 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

One thing to remember, is that you NEVER really buy the streaming content. Once they shut down, so does your access.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 05:30 PM  
dbclark44

ExerciseTv used to be part of the Charter Cable package and they went away I guess when their internet site went away. I pay a lot of money to have cable and I'm going to stand on principle here and not support these streaming programs. If they can work it out with the cable/dish companies that's what they should do. I won't pay a separate fee for that.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 05:46 PM  
froggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbclark44 View Post
ExerciseTv used to be part of the Charter Cable package and they went away I guess when their internet site went away. I pay a lot of money to have cable and I'm going to stand on principle here and not support these streaming programs. If they can work it out with the cable/dish companies that's what they should do. I won't pay a separate fee for that.
That's interesting becaues my position is exactly the opposite. I stand on principle by supporting the streaming programs. I grew so tired of paying 100 bucks a month for cable channels that I didnt need or want in my home. Now with a good antenna and 15 bucks per month I get all the programming I could ever want. I'd gladly add another 15 to get streaming programs from leslie and a yoga provider. I'd still be paying less than 1/3 per month what I was paying for cable and getting more of what I need, tbh. I think it's the cable companies that will need to work things out and start letting people subscribe a la cart or else continue to lose business. Just another perspective.

I will not get rid of my dvd's but wouldnt mind shelving some of them for awhile. Already put up the ones I like that are available on Netflix and Amazon streaming. I cast my vote for streaming. I tried to get my sons to get on fb and vote as well but they wouldnt. They didnt want their friends to see them "likeing" Leslie Sansone. lol
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 06:18 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I like streaming yoga classes from YogaGlo. But last night I tried streaming a walk from Leslie's walk club. And it just did not work well. It buffered for several minutes before starting. Then on the 3rd mile, it paused & buffered for a good 15 minutes before I eventually shut it off. And I had chosen the low quality video. If that experience is indicative of future streams from Leslie, I would not be happy.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 06:30 PM  
Artist of Eyes

I'm someone that has Satellite so I have no idea how I would even get streaming workouts on my Tv. I'm not the best when it comes to technology- I don;t even have a cell phone anymore.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 06:32 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
I like streaming yoga classes from YogaGlo. But last night I tried streaming a walk from Leslie's walk club. And it just did not work well. It buffered for several minutes before starting. Then on the 3rd mile, it paused & buffered for a good 15 minutes before I eventually shut it off. And I had chosen the low quality video. If that experience is indicative of future streams from Leslie, I would not be happy.
That happens often! I joined walk club over a year ago just to get the workouts that are not on DVD and I can never use them. They are always buffering or freezing. So you're not alone!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 07:31 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I let my disappointment be known. I need DVDs. Computers and phones don't work for me. I hope new workouts will still continue to be available on DVD.

I agree with you. I hope Leslie makes some more dvds for the rest of us. I'm thinking she ought to just to get her name out there, to those people who've never heard of her, right?

Oops! I jsut read the posst about her continuing to make dvs--thanks so much for the info! )

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!

Last edited by Jennifer P.; 01-04-12 at 07:33 PM. Reason: didn't read the whole thread yet!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 08:17 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Is there a good reason she can't do both? Can't she offer subscriptions for those who want them but also have a set up where you can go in and just buy and download a workout or two if that's all you want or if there is one you want to have a permanent copy of?

I'm one of those moderatly techy people who still doesn't do a lot of the most common stuff, like Facebook or apps other than the basics that came on my phone, but I don't see why it would have to be one or the other in this day and age - other than they have to be willing to wrap their head around and embrace (as well as probably pay for) a bigger entry into the technology.

Not that I'd likely do either. I cleared out 3/4 of my Leslies last summer and just kept a few favorites but still have other walking workouts I reach for before hers.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 08:44 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy View Post
That's interesting becaues my position is exactly the opposite. I stand on principle by supporting the streaming programs. I grew so tired of paying 100 bucks a month for cable channels that I didnt need or want in my home. Now with a good antenna and 15 bucks per month I get all the programming I could ever want. I'd gladly add another 15 to get streaming programs from leslie and a yoga provider. I'd still be paying less than 1/3 per month what I was paying for cable and getting more of what I need, tbh. I think it's the cable companies that will need to work things out and start letting people subscribe a la cart or else continue to lose business. Just another perspective.

I will not get rid of my dvd's but wouldnt mind shelving some of them for awhile. Already put up the ones I like that are available on Netflix and Amazon streaming. I cast my vote for streaming. I tried to get my sons to get on fb and vote as well but they wouldnt. They didnt want their friends to see them "likeing" Leslie Sansone. lol
We ditched cable TV as a budgetary measure a few months ago. I got my husband a Roku HD for his birthday last week and we have been watching stuff from Hulu plus and Netflix streaming. We get some fun TV, some interesting stuff, for about $90 less than we were paying for cable. Can't beat that! I'm all about streaming. So SICK of cable companies increasing their rates over and over because of their area monopolies.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walk at home, walk at home streaming