Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-11, 11:20 AM  
Scbayless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatmonger View Post
Thank you, Thank You, Joan, for saying what I would have said but with far more grace.
Agreed. Thank you Joan. I was so mad, that I just couldn't figure out what to write. I agree. Be respectful on VF please of what people like, and what helps people with THEIR goals and body types.
Old 09-23-11, 12:10 PM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
Agreed. Thank you Joan. I was so mad, that I just couldn't figure out what to write. I agree. Be respectful on VF please of what people like, and what helps people with THEIR goals and body types.
Sarah,
you should post your beautiful picture on here and I don't think anyone would consider you not fit or advanced
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 12:31 PM  
Scbayless

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceym1 View Post
Sarah,
you should post your beautiful picture on here and I don't think anyone would consider you not fit or advanced
What I really should do is find one of my super fat pictures from collage and one from now lol. I wasn't always a "skinny girl" that's for sure. And speaking about "advanced work outs" I can still do them just fine. I can do Cathe's terminator with no problem. I do her Hiit work outs as ad ons just fine. I can do the gym style, STS, and all hers with no problems thank you very much. I can jump in and do P90x with my husband as a second work out. I'm in fine shape, and still find TA kicks my butt way worse.
Old 09-23-11, 12:36 PM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
What I really should do is find one of my super fat pictures from collage and one from now lol. I wasn't always a "skinny girl" that's for sure. And speaking about "advanced work outs" I can still do them just fine. I can do Cathe's terminator with no problem. I do her Hiit work outs as ad ons just fine. I can do the gym style, STS, and all hers with no problems thank you very much. I can jump in and do P90x with my husband as a second work out. I'm in fine shape, and still find TA kicks my butt way worse.
Yes, it is not all about how heavy you can lift and how long you can go but also how well you can keep the mind engaged to those muscles. I really use my mind and get quite a workout! I am not flabby either.
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 01:53 PM  
MARIKA

I'm not flabby either but I am now. That was my point. I had been doing doing barre since 1984. After following this program..... for me anyways it's not giving me the results I would have expected. When I looked back at my training journal I figured it was the lack of lowerbody work ....for me anyways. It's like training in a certain way then removing 3/4 of the exercise & expecting change.If I wanted to stick it out for a year to see if it would work, I could but I'd rather have no flab now!
Old 09-23-11, 03:33 PM  
carres1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffgirl View Post
Marika, my opinion of TA Meta is that they are toning exercises and she has some creative moves, but for advance people like us that is not enough, that is for the skinny girls that don't eat and just need some toning. If you do what she suggest which eat only enough to stay alive, do 60 minutes of cardio and do the toning exercises you would lose weight, but a lot of that is muscle. For me they are ab exercises to do in addition to whatever else I am doing. Is very hollywood, she has a good business going on!

I should disclose that all I have is absentric, she has some weird moves, I wouldn't want anyone to see me doing them. Her workouts do not burn a lot of calories, they are toning exercises, they will not build muscle, so if you stop working out with weights you will lose your muscle tone, and I don't like her dance workout, she can't even dance. I prefer to do some other cardio. I could not tell anyone to spend that kind of money, when they can buy Bob Haper's workouts which are very effective a great price.
Well gosh! I have never been so flattered in my whole life! TA has worked for me so I MUST be skinny and not eat and just need some toning (never mind that even after losing 30 pounds I am still considered obese by the BMI chart)!

Wow, as a clear beginner (since TA is not for the advanced), good thing I had never tried any advanced workouts in the past...like the rounds of STS, CLX, and TurboFire I have done over the last several years.

Carrie

ETA: and I am just not sure how I am losing this weight since her workouts don't burn a lot of calories. I guess I need a new HRM since mine says that in the 30 minutes of dance cardio, I burn about 500 calories. Must be a faulty gadget!
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 03:44 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I agree that every person is different and we can't assume anything about them. Some things work for others while other things don't. We also want to achieve different looks and our eating habits are different. The latter is a big part of our success. For me personally, I can't follow a TA rotation as is because I like to work out with different instructors. However, I will say that doing TA Abcentrics 2x a week has made me lose inches in my waist. I'm happy with that especially since I'm an apple.

But my best results for legs/butt was last year when I was doing 200 kb swings a day along with Tonique, barre, high reps/low weights workouts like SS, Jari, etc. So I was basically working my legs really hard (in terms of reps) every day. Since there are only so many hours in the day, I had to replace two of the leg workouts with Abcentrics. So even though I didn't gain any inches in my legs/butt, I don't think it looks as good as they did last year either. This was my results last month. I'm facing a different challenge this month (mostly trying to fit in exercise with my daughter's new school/dance schedule) and don't even want to take any measurements at the end of this month.
Old 09-23-11, 04:37 PM  
sunnyside

I have been doing Glute Centric for only 3 weeks so far ( I started it earlier this year but took the summer off to concentrate more on my mountain biking).This time I'm only doing 6 days of each 10 day cycle with one day off. I use cycling for my cardio or I use her cardio on the rebounder if I don't have time for a ride. Today I was really kind of shocked at how great my legs are looking as well as my arms and abs. So, I guess I'll keep at it.

Also, I have 3 lower disc bulges and I'm really concentrating on the moves (slow and methodical) and my back is feeling much better and stronger. I'm sure the on-all-fours is strengthening my core as well as my Glutes.

But, really, if you feel you need more leg work. Why not just add it in? I'm pretty sure you won't get arrested.
sunnyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 08:09 PM  
akaAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceym1 View Post
Yes, it is not all about how heavy you can lift and how long you can go but also how well you can keep the mind engaged to those muscles. I really use my mind and get quite a workout! I am not flabby either.
I have so much trouble with this and I'm sure it's a factor. Sometimes I feel more connection when not trying to follow along and just concentrate on the muscles being worked but its also hard to keep going without the video.
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 11:03 PM  
MARIKA

Annie, This is me even though I really don't lift super heavy, I really concentrate on form. When you focus and use your mind a really feel what your doing I don't think you need superheavy weight. Today For instance & the other day I'm doing Aerobox rotation, I just got 2# gloves and let me tell you there was no way the other day that I could even think about doing a kb or other uppebod weight workout. My arms are on FIRE!! I think TA for me really changed my abs so I was hoping it would do the same for my butt which was in good condition to start. Her fw is crazy & so different from anything I have done that I just wanted an even better, firmer, tighter butt! Dare to Dream

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson results