Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-11, 08:11 PM  
IrishOT

I also sweat for awhile after a hard workout and typically have to wait an 30-40 min to take a shower if I don't want to keep sweating through my clothes. While I am waiting after my morning workout I will have breakfast while I cool down. For my after work runs, I usually cool down enough on the 35 min ride home, just have to remember to keep towels for my seat, otherwise the seat gets quite gross! If short on time I will take a typical shower and then for the last 2-3 min stand under as cool of water as I can stand.
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 08:16 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

My face gets flushed and I sweat a little, but not much at all. Never did. I take a shower immediately, and that's the end of any sweat for me, but some face flushing may persist for about 20 min longer.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 08:35 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I sweat profusely, and it's 20-30 minutes for me, usually on the longer side for a hard workout. It does me no good to try to shower sooner, I drip when I get out.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 09:19 PM  
KathAL79

I've read that how long it takes you to stop sweating after your workout is over is some indication of how fit you are, how intense the workout was, if you're training at an acceptable level for your body, etc. I'm still fuzzy on the details, including how much of that is true.

Depending upon what I've done, I'll stop sweating anywhere from a few minutes to close to half an hour after a workout. Of course, the outside temperature and what I do after I workout also factors in. If I go and sit and drink a big glass of cool water and have a snack, I generally don't sweat through the shower. The days when I finish working out, run down to shower, run errands, and then come back to cook in a hot kitchen are days when I swear I sweat buckets for hours.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot weather, sweat, sweating