Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-11, 01:15 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
As a "program," Asylum is my favorite. The variety of workouts makes for a great rotation. But, I also love Turbofire and Insanity for their energy, intensity, and interesting moves (though they do repeat them a lot from workout to workout). If P90X+ counts as a program, it's on the list--the cardio is a step up from P90X and the Total Body workout is killer (in my view)! I like P90X as well, though I don't use the workouts as often as the others.
I counted P90X+ as a program even though I said that I only liked the sculpting workouts. Total Body+ and Asylum Strength are two of my favorite strength workouts. There are others but those are the BeachBody ones. Right now, I prefer total body to split workouts. But my preferences change.
Old 06-08-11, 11:06 PM  
sjazz78

I will always have a soft spot for the original Power 90. It was my first BB purchace. I took the set with me when I was away on a busniess trip and had 6 weeks to use it. ( Keep in mind this was in 2000 and I had the vhs version) I did a rotation of P90 and Leslie Sansone and I got so many compliments when I got back to work.
When it came out on DVD I just had to get that version and just this morning I saw my daughter is using it. Really made my day
Gotta find myself another copy for a dear friend that I know would appreciate it.
Old 06-08-11, 11:14 PM  
Scorpio Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjazz78 View Post
I will always have a soft spot for the original Power 90. It was my first BB purchace. I took the set with me when I was away on a busniess trip and had 6 weeks to use it. ( Keep in mind this was in 2000 and I had the vhs version) I did a rotation of P90 and Leslie Sansone and I got so many compliments when I got back to work.
When it came out on DVD I just had to get that version and just this morning I saw my daughter is using it. Really made my day
Gotta find myself another copy for a dear friend that I know would appreciate it.
I have the exact same warm and fuzzy feeling when it comes to Power 90. I remember being told about it here. Whenever I get off track with exercising, I always go right back to Power 90 to get myself working out again.
Scorpio Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 07:17 PM  
lexybeth1

1. P90X got best results ever!
2. Turbofire, best cardio I have ever owned, so so funnn!!!! And effective!!
3. CLX-- just now doing rotation i absolutely love them, short and to the point

I think Beachbody is amazing, and my personal experience with customer service when I call with an issue has been outstanding, I love the systems they put out, every one I have gotten and own I love in its own special way!
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 04:38 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjazz78 View Post
I am in the midst of my first Power 90 rotation. I really like it, have not missed a single workout, and I'm kicking myself for not having tried it sooner. I've never done a formal rotation before, EVER, and it is really great to have the workouts structured for me. I'm going to order Power 90 Masters soon, to use after I finish Power 90 (or maybe substitute some of the Masters workouts during the Power 90 rotation when I am farther along). Don't know if I will ever do P90X--if I did, it would definitely be halfsies, and the cardio would have to be extremely low impact (no PlyoX).

I also have 3 of Tony's yoga workouts--Fountain of Youth, Patience Hummingbird, and Ho Ala ke Kino (that one is yoga-inspired). I like them as well--Ho Ala ke Kino in particular has been heavily used ever since I bought it.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 07:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Wow a lot of Turbo Fire votes! I'm glad to see Project You fairly well represented. I think that is such a well rounded and user friendly program - and it gives results without having to kill yourself.

I guess I'll now cast the only vote for Yoga Booty Ballet. I did the Basic workout last night - fun, it hits everything, I was sweating and my behind is SORE this morning! I don't reach for my YBBs often any more, but when I do they're so much fun.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 08:11 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Wow a lot of Turbo Fire votes! I'm glad to see Project You fairly well represented. I think that is such a well rounded and user friendly program - and it gives results without having to kill yourself.

I guess I'll now cast the only vote for Yoga Booty Ballet. I did the Basic workout last night - fun, it hits everything, I was sweating and my behind is SORE this morning! I don't reach for my YBBs often any more, but when I do they're so much fun.
Nope! I'm going to chime in for Yoga Booty Ballet! I don't have all of them anymore, but I really enjoy them. Also, when I first got them, I did them for a while - though, I acquired the Lives and Originals at the same time, so I had more variety. My other favorite BB product is Turbo Jam. I don't really do set rotations, though, so I haven't tried many of the BB products.
Old 06-10-11, 01:36 PM  
Ann1964

How come REV Abs was not as popular? I have been looking at it today. Usually, if no one likes it means I will .. LOL
Is it OK for intermediate?
Is it dancey or hard to follow?
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 01:43 PM  
spufflez

I don't have Rev Abs, but if anybody wants to try it and report back, I might give it a try.
spufflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 01:47 PM  
ldy_solana

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs View Post
Nope! I'm going to chime in for Yoga Booty Ballet! I don't have all of them anymore, but I really enjoy them. Also, when I first got them, I did them for a while - though, I acquired the Lives and Originals at the same time, so I had more variety. My other favorite BB product is Turbo Jam. I don't really do set rotations, though, so I haven't tried many of the BB products.
YES! while i love turbo fire and turbo jam, i simply cannot live without YBB. whenever i am in a workout funk, one of the lives perk me right up! these are the only beachbody programs i have kept. i liked shaun t's hip hop abs but not enough to keep them. i had tony's 10 minute trainer and it was good but again not enough for me to keep or do them often.

i am somewhat interested in insanity but i highly doubt i would do the system as prescribed, but they look like something i can mix a rotation with other workouts in.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beach body, beachbody, favorite beachbody, rev abs, revabs