Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-11, 02:22 PM  
horsemom2

For me, I preferred the Kettlenetics Flow Motion Basics and Cardio Balanced workouts and used the lighter red kettlebell, all of which were part of the original basic Kettlenetics set. Total Body Blast that comes with the 8pounder didn't click for me but it was an instant favorite for other VFers. The Advanced set on Amazon is a great price though so not a bad place to start if the Kettlenetics basic set isn't anywhere at a reasonable price.

Barb S
whose favorite dvd and kb set of all of them is Kathy Smith's but only with music only LOL
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 07:00 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Thanks for the rec, Barb. I'll add Atletica to the list... it uses db though.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 05:24 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Thanks for the rec, Barb. I'll add Atletica to the list... it uses db though.
Thanks!
now have that one on my wishlist LOL

Barb S
who loved the music on the Atletica clip
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 11:52 AM  
Nairobinicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
For me, I preferred the Kettlenetics Flow Motion Basics and Cardio Balanced workouts
Barb - ITA about the Flow Motion Basics and Cardio balanced. Those are the two I reach for. The Flow Motion Dance has too many stops and starts. I have found if I do KB swings while she is explaining the dance, it keeps my heart rate up. I don't understand why there wasn't at least 20 minutes of constant movement in an advanced dvd.
Nairobinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 11:59 AM  
Nairobinicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaBlue View Post
I was thinking about getting the Kettlenetics 8Lb set, but I've never used a KB before. those of you familiar w/ it, do you think it would be too heavy for me to start with? I would get the 4Lb, but I think it's just too light, but 8Lb is a little intimidating to a newbie.
LolaBlue - the thing about kettlebells is that you are not using your arms to move the kb up and down on most moves. You drive through your lower body to create enough momentum to move the kb. The way it is used in kettlenetics, it really is there to increase the cardiovascular difficulty. If you have good cardiovascular endurance, you might be okay with the 8lb kb. I have seen 4 and 5 lb kbs at Ross for under $6.00 though.
Nairobinicole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlenetics