Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-11, 03:03 PM  
Stayfit1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
Can someone please share, how does this arrive? Via UPS, FedEx, or regular mail?
Thanks
I used the Mary's address to order. She received it by FedEx.

Mary is the owner of totalfitnessdvds.
Stayfit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 04:20 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Mine has shipped! Yipee...
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 05:08 PM  
sologirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayfit1 View Post
I used the Mary's address to order. She received it by FedEx.

Mary is the owner of totalfitnessdvds.
Does Mary have the new Zumba set???!! I don't see it anywhere on her site. I'd rather buy it from her! Where do you go to buy it from Mary?

- Star
sologirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 06:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandmom View Post
How is the music in the workouts? I was so disappointed with the Transformation set that I gave it away. The informercial for that set was very misleading IMO because the music in the commercial did not match the music on the actual DVDs. It seemed like they just threw some music together and laced it with the word "Zumba" throughout. Did Beto at least spend some money on licensing rights for these workouts? I've attended live zumba classes and the music is what makes the classes fun.

Paula
Hi Paula,

The music sounds much better in the Exhilarate workouts. There are a couple songs that have "Zumba" in the lyrics, but it's not like the previous set, I don't think. I recognize many of the songs that were played in some of my classes, so I really like them. Doing the workouts makes me want the music CDs, too! If I had those, I might be able to better answer you question.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 06:14 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sologirlie View Post
Does Mary have the new Zumba set???!! I don't see it anywhere on her site. I'd rather buy it from her! Where do you go to buy it from Mary?

- Star
Mary doesn't and isn't going to carry the Zumba set. She ordered the set for Stayfit1 because she's outside the US (and these sets are only being sold in the US right now.)

April Focus:
Old 04-11-11, 06:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Just did the Exhilarate DVD and Ripped DVD today!

The Exhilarate is much more advanced, so I felt like I was just marking my steps, LOL! The blonde gal who leads this workout has really got the moves! The Cumbia was the slowest style of dances, and it's still one of my favorites. I couldn't keep up with some of the other faster tempo styles. I also like some of the hip-hop, as that tends to be slower, as well.

Previewed the Mixed DVD, and I'm going to love that one! Tanya just does an amazing job, whatever dance she does! When she's standing next to the Pro dancers, she's just as good (if not better!) I could just sit and watch this one all day! As well as the fitness concert.

Still having a problem with the Ripped DVD playing the Sentao workout from the menu. Like I said upthread, it doesn't play the "Learn It" option. What I have to do is play the "Feel It" selection, and monkey with my audio select feature on my remote. The toning workout is no problem with Pamela, Jani, and Beto.

Anyway, I like the Sentao workout and it really works the abs, and is fun to do! The blond gal is so adorable. Heck, there isn't one workout from this set that I don't like. They're all so good!

April Focus:
Old 04-11-11, 07:20 PM  
Fitstick

Thanks for the reviews! I can't wait to get this set (I got my shipping notice too)!!

Been completely infatuated with this set since hearing about it...
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 09:14 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
just curious, but is the lighting as flashy as it is in the youtube preview? i got nauseous with all the flashing lights.
I would like to know that too. Flashing lights can be a migraine trigger, but they look soooooooo fun.

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 10:23 PM  
cpcathy

Pardon me if this has been mentioned previously, but in looking at the clips it doesn't seem like there is any cueing during the actual workout; is that what the "Learn It" option is for, and then you're on your own for the workout?

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 10:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I think the shorter clips of the workouts make it seem like there is more flashing of lights than there actually is. In the preview they are quickly showing you brief glimpses of each of the workouts, so it seems like a lot. When you're actually working out, I don't notice the flashing lights as much, or at least not all at once like the clips show on youtube.

The only thing I don't like about the lights is that when they darken, some of the background dancers in the "hollywood squares" boxes can't be seen. They're just there to add some background drama (when the real action is on stage) I guess.

If you tend to have migraines though, maybe you should pass on this workout?! Or, wait until you can trade for one of the workouts, instead of investing that kind of money in a whole set.

April Focus:

Tags
chair workouts, zumba, zumba exhilerate