Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-11, 02:03 AM  
Stayfit1

I have this set and I love it. I have the transformation set and I like the newest more. I think the newest set have more dance feeling, less breaks. I did the mix yesterday. It is a mix of diferents styles of dances and music around the world ( african, flamenco, calypso, belly dance, salsa, samba, reggaeton etc). I am so glad I purchased this set. I would like to have a better english to be able to express how much I like this set.
Stayfit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 06:46 AM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Trish,

I don't think I'd ever have the confidence to teach, but it would be worth going through the training just to get the music/workouts that the instructors get! That would be so awesome!!!

No, you probably don't need this set, and I'm sure I'm not helping.

I think of how much I've paid to see some of my favorite musicans/bands in concert. Having this is like that concert experience, in some ways.

You really get to see how Tanya and Gina MOVE! It's a bit of a blur, how fast they progress from one type of choreography to another style so seemlessly. And, how much would you pay in travel expenses to have a class taught by Tanya or Gina. Ha, I can justify anything...
Exactly! I think it would be nice to have as a reference point too. Cuz I will never get to see Tanya or Gina dance in real life, so this is as up close and personal as its gonna get (besides the ZIN discs they are in - Gina led the last one I got - AMAZING!). They have a convention every year for instructors, so I COULD go to that, but like you said - $$$. Yeah, maybe I'll wait and see if they come down in price and order it next credit card cycle. I have so little restraint!
Old 04-09-11, 10:23 AM  
gigi

Dang...I want this.
Old 04-09-11, 10:41 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

This isn't the same old Zumba. There are also new moves, I've never seen before.

In the Activate DVD they do something called "Fitness Arms." There is so much variety in this set, and so much to learn. I'm so busy trying to get the steps down, and then the arms, and then the "Flavor." I have no flavor, LOL! But, I feel like I'll eventually get some.

My previous teacher loved Flamenco and Belly Dance, so I was glad to get experience in other styles that aren't showcased on the past DVDs.

My other teacher was really into Hip Hop and African flavors, so that's what's neat about taking a class. Your instructor brings something different to the table.

This set feels like that. Everyone bringing something a little different and it's fun to see! Visually impressive, too!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 11:42 AM  
mjs2052

Would this be a good set for someone totally new to Zumba?

Melissa
mjs2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 11:56 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2052 View Post
Would this be a good set for someone totally new to Zumba?
Yes, most definitely. I new to Zumba and I'm happy that I held off buying the Transformation set. This new set is just so much more polished and professional looking than the previous sets. As mentioned upthread, visually more pleasing. The Step by Step DVD is very good and I like that they offer a back view as well as the front view. The music only option for the other DVDs is also a great plus.

I see that QVC still has their expanded Transformation set for a decent price. But even though the QVC set offered more DVDs/CDs, I still would buy the Exhilarate set again over the expanded Transformation set.
Old 04-09-11, 12:33 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Shoot. I just had a problem with the "Ripped" body sculpting DVD. I can't go into the Seat workout from the menu. It plays the toning stick workout fine, but if I choose the "Learn It" it only plays the "Feel It" option (for the Seat workout.) There are no verbal cues for the Seat workout at all.

Anyone else have problems?

April Focus:
Old 04-09-11, 12:39 PM  
Stayfit1

I don't have that problem. When I choose the "Learn it" there are verbal cues from Beto and the blonde girl.
Stayfit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 12:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Ripped DVD...

Ok, it plays fine on my PC, so I'll try cleaning the DVD and trying it in my DVD player again. Maybe my DVD player is just being tempermental.

April Focus:
Old 04-09-11, 01:36 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I think of how much I've paid to see some of my favorite musicans/bands in concert. Having this is like that concert experience, in some ways.

And, how much would you pay in travel expenses to have a class taught by Tanya or Gina. Ha, I can justify anything...
Sold! I ordered a few minutes ago. I'm so stupid! It was $10 cheaper before.

Hahaha, I was torn between Zumba, Asylum and the URX.
And the winner is: Zumba Exhilirate!
I reserve the right to buy URX later though.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair workouts, zumba, zumba exhilerate