Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-11, 04:42 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Yes, Beto is in a couple of the workouts. I think he's in the toning one and the concert workout. I just haven't done those yet.

Honestly, I can't imagine anyone not liking this new set of workouts. The presentation and style are fabulous. It's very cool. Like going to a night club.

If anyone was ever turned off by the original bland Zumba workouts, they might want to give this new set a try.

I think the Transformation set was pretty good, but think I like this one even better. The pace of the new set is really fast though, so those that catch on quick, will like the variety and change ups in this one!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 04:51 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

If anyone wants to see Kass Martin (who leads the Rush workout) she was on QVC last night promoting the Transformation set. The on air video shows her with the QVC host (Dan.) She's a Zumba instructor from Utah. Her side-kick in the Rush DVD is Loretta Bates (a Zumba instructor from North/South Carolina.)

The new set has an "about the instructor" feature on the DVDs, and you get to meet Tanya and Gina, also. They're still my favorites.

Who knows, maybe Beto will be tomorrow's favorite?!

April Focus:
Old 04-08-11, 09:22 PM  
Lissa

Thanks for the comparison Pam. I plan on ordering the new set once payday arrives. I ordered the QVC set yesterday.

The new set sounds great!

~Lissa
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 09:40 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Pam, thank you for your valuable input. It sounds like a very worthwhile set!
ETA - Strongly tempted, and though I love my Zumba classes I'm not generally big on dance DVDs. Well, I've sold over 50 videos this year so far so I guess I could say I've earned this set...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 10:20 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I wasn't going to order this set, but I'm glad that I did. I'm crazy for Zumba. Is there a crazy-lady smilie face???

I like that I can actually recognize some of the same music that one of my Zumba teachers used a lot! It makes the dance that much more enjoyable for me!

It really is a terrific set. I can't wait to do a different one tomorrow!

I'm surprised no one else has chimed in yet. I'm sure I wasn't the only one to purchase this....

Anybody???

April Focus:
Old 04-08-11, 10:39 PM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I wasn't going to order this set, but I'm glad that I did. I'm crazy for Zumba. Is there a crazy-lady smilie face???

I like that I can actually recognize some of the same music that one of my Zumba teachers used a lot! It makes the dance that much more enjoyable for me!

It really is a terrific set. I can't wait to do a different one tomorrow!

I'm surprised no one else has chimed in yet. I'm sure I wasn't the only one to purchase this....

Anybody???
I haven't yet, but I'm THISCLOSE to caving. Its just hard cuz I get a ZIN dvd every other month, so do I really NEED these? No, probably not. But do I WANT them - ohhhhh yes! I mainly just want them for my own workouts (where I dont have to think and cue and make sure people are having fun, etc) and also so I can learn from the masters! Thats reason enough, right? LOL
Old 04-08-11, 10:43 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Here's a breakdown of the DVDs you get in the Exhilarate set.

1. Step by Step 55 minutes (Tanya & Gina instruct!)
2. Activate 40 minutes (Tanya & Gina lead!)
3. Rush 20 minutes (Kass & Loretta, though Kass leads majority)
4. Exhilarate 60 minutes
5. Ripped 60 minutes (toning and seat workout with Beto & other lead)
6. Mix 55 minutes (professional guest dancers & others)
7. Fitness Concert 60 minutes (everyone participates)

You also get a program guide in the kit, with different rotations (depending on your goals.) Inside the guide booklet is a suggested menu with recipes, and some stretch exercises.

The toning sticks are the same as what is included in the Transformation set.

The set comes beautifully packaged. Very well done and production and quality are superb!

April Focus:
Old 04-08-11, 10:44 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I know just what you mean - I'm happy recognizing tunes from the Wii game as well.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 10:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Trish,

I don't think I'd ever have the confidence to teach, but it would be worth going through the training just to get the music/workouts that the instructors get! That would be so awesome!!!

No, you probably don't need this set, and I'm sure I'm not helping.

I think of how much I've paid to see some of my favorite musicans/bands in concert. Having this is like that concert experience, in some ways.

You really get to see how Tanya and Gina MOVE! It's a bit of a blur, how fast they progress from one type of choreography to another style so seemlessly. And, how much would you pay in travel expenses to have a class taught by Tanya or Gina. Ha, I can justify anything...

April Focus:
Old 04-09-11, 01:44 AM  
sm4987

Pam I too am liking this set. I have previewed all but one and honestly it makes me want to get upnand dance. That means it is doing what it is meant to do. I think I'll be pulling this out a lot for my cardio.
sm4987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair workouts, zumba, zumba exhilerate