Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-11, 01:48 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Zumba Exhilarate...Got it!

I just had a chance to try out a couple of the new workouts. First, I did the Step by Step. Tanya and Gina break down the different styles and walk you through the basics. The set is nice, and both girls look fabulous. You can select from the menu which routine you need help on also, so you don't have to go through the whole thing, if you only need a refresher.

I also did the 20 minute Rush workout. Wow, that moves fast and combines the different styles into some of the dance routines. This is not taught by Tanya or Gina. Cass Martin, maybe and another new gal. Sorry, I'm forgetting their names. They are on a stage of sorts with club lighting or concert effect lights. Very pretty visually. The DVD is set up so you can choose to do the routine with voiceover instruction, or the other option is to play the workout and just "feel the music." I chose the voiceover the first time, and Cass is loud. You almost can't hear the music.

For those that just want to dance, they will really like this. The Rush workout is challenging because the choreography isn't that simple. They kind of throw stuff at you pretty quickly, but you eventually will catch on. So, there is zero down time, with Rush!

It's very hip and cool. The stage, lighting, girls, how they combined the different styles of dance into the routines. It's very fun.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 01:54 PM  
CarlaVeg

where did you get it from?

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 01:54 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Darn - now I'm interested. Thanks!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 01:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I ordered it directly from the Zumba website. It was $90 plus shipping.

www.zumba.com

April Focus:
Old 04-08-11, 02:02 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

You can also see clips of the set on youtube from this preview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_g0-QWeek

April Focus:
Old 04-08-11, 02:04 PM  
Fitstick

I just ordered this new set because I had no patience and it looked really exciting! If you have the Transformation set it would be great to know how the two sets differ. I have never tried any Zumba DVDs and was debating between this new set and the Transformation. Thanks for providing input on the set so far!!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 02:04 PM  
Lissa

Thanks for the review. Do you have the Transformation set? If so, do you think you will like these more?

~Lissa
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 04:18 PM  
trishthedish

Ohhhhhh am I having trouble resisting! Someone take away my credit card!
Old 04-08-11, 04:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

The Transformation set vs the Exhilaration set are like night and day! If you haven't done Zumba before, the Transformation pace is a little slower, but breaks down the moves better, IMO. Once you learn the moves, I think the Exhilarate set has a little more value. I can see myself using these DVDs more often. In the past, I wasn't using the Transformation set because I was going to Zumba classes twice a week, so preferred that.

The Exhilarate set showcase the Zumba instructors more, and even has some new people I haven't seen before. At first I was bothered that Gina and Tanya weren't leading the 20 minute Rush DVD, but Kass Martin was ok. I think the other lead was Loretta. But I was very happy to see Gina and Tanya teaching the basic steps as well as leading the Activate 45 minute workout!

The difference, there is much more STYLE in the new set. The Transformation set is bland by comparison, so not as exciting to do. The other thing is I think the instructors are given more freedom in the Exhilarate set. There is more FLAVOR and PERSONALITY. Of the three workouts I've done so far (Step by Step, Rush, and Activate) Beto hasn't appeared. I was kind of glad that it was more of the girls. Of course I know Beto is in the concert DVD, and another one, but I didn't want to see him in every workout.

Having done both sets, I immediately thought so far that the Exhilaration set is much harder and more challenging. If feels like a workout. The routines are longer, more complex routines, with added fitness moves (lunges, v-steps, etc.) I had some difficulty keeping up. Once I learn the routines, I can see this being a blast!

My Transformation set only had the basic toning DVD, so I didn't have the add ons that QVC was offering yesterday. I'd only done the toning DVD a few times because I didn't care for that one. I'm hoping it's better in Exhilarate.

I hope that helps a little bit. You can view clips of the Transformation workouts on youtube also. That would give you a feel for it, too.

April Focus:
Old 04-08-11, 04:29 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Is Beto in any of these? It kind of looks like it from some of the previews. He so totally makes these Zumba dvds appealing.

I WOULD like to see him in every workout. LOL

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair workouts, zumba, zumba exhilerate