Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-10, 08:07 PM  
ldy_solana

My sissy said she lost 38lbs with my donated vids!!!

a little over 2 months ago my sister said she was on a mission to lose some weight for an upcoming vacation to the beach. i know she was making progress but she just facebooked me that she got my second round of videos i sent her and that she has lost 38lbs! of course she worked on the food and has a small farm with lots of little animals so she is always moving.

ok so who says you couldn't get in shape with videos! i think this is the only thing that motivated her! she said she had more energy which is what i am hoping will keep her at it! even if she never loses another pound that fact that she can feel good makes me so happy. we all had a hard life and she has had some problems with her marriage etc really messing up her self esteem so to bounce back with just a little workout speaks volumes.

one box of videos i was no longer using started this for her. i hope she enjoys them all and keeps at it.

ETA:i emailed my other sister(this sister's twin but they don't look anything alike LOL) if she would like my carmen electra dvds(since i heard she liked pole dancing and she is a lover of the burlesque arts) and she was happily said she would. i think she might enjoy them much more then i did. its not really my bag. bellydance is about as "sexy" as i get but i can't get down like carmen LOL.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 08:13 PM  
Erica H.

Wow, that's awesome!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 08:20 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Old 08-06-10, 08:25 PM  
ldy_solana

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
This makes me happy! I love to hear that your sister got a huge benefit from videos you were no longer using. Way to go sis!
yep she lost weight and i purged some vids(doesn't purging sometimes make you feel lighter LOL)

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 08-06-10, 08:26 PM  
kali1

That is so excitiing Kassia!!
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 08:42 PM  
Orlita

Excellent!

My sister still turns her nose up at the notion of working out in front of a television. whatEVER.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 09:06 PM  
gigi

Yea to you for helping your sister and yea for your sister who lost the weight!!!
Old 08-06-10, 09:29 PM  
curious621

Yay to her and to you for helping her! Of course the next question is what exactly did you send to her so we can all work out to those videos?
curious621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 09:56 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Yeah, we need her rotation!!

Go Sissy!

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-10, 01:07 AM  
ldy_solana

LOL I can't remember everything i know i sent her guillmero gomez and random pilates/yoga,denise's personal training system and a i think a few other of hers that i found at ross. i also sent her my dance off the inches except the bellydance b/c i haven't tried that one yet. i recently sent her one of my island girl hulas(they were all to similar for me) and caribbean workout yoga and jillian hessel pilates dvds. she never told me if she had a plan i just take it that she did what should could when she could in the day. most likely usually when her kids were sleeping or entertained. they are 2 and 4 so you know its a challenge LOL. she did say she missed red meat and sugar which she cut nearly out of her intake.

orlita-i wish we all could change some folks minds. one person i know,there gym was closed for a few weeks for repair and instead of just maybe renting netflix or from library(or even come up with on their own) they just didn't workout. its the anytime workout and it never needs to be closed for renovation. and up until i was going back to school i was a gym rat that combined video,gym, and paper workouts. i never had an excuse that was valid enough to NOT workout.

i am so proud i just sent her the videos,she just kept the commitment.

Tags
success stories, success story