Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-10, 03:34 PM  
so emme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffgirl View Post
I don't have a limit, I don't count them so I don't know how many I have, I call them my exercise library, they are important to me, because I like veriety.

My reasoning is as follow: If I were going to the Gym I would have to pay for a Gym membership, spend money on gas, wear and tear of my car, etc..

Since I don't have those expenses, this is my "Gym membership money" so I buy what I like.
You must be my long lost twin......
so emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-10, 05:42 PM  
Denise B
VF Supporter

Like some others here, I have a capacity limit. My shelving unit can hold around 110 titles and it is full. I will need to do some weeding out very soon!

I also like to have a personal challenge to do every tape I own at least once a year. I didn’t make it last year, but I’m optimistic for 2010. When I look at my collection, it’s a good feeling to know that I will eventually get to all, or at least most, of them.

~Denise
Denise B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-10, 10:27 PM  
OxfordComma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
Nope, no limit for me!
I'm pretty picky about what I buy, so I don't make a lot of purchases. When I do purchase however, I have researched enough to know that I will like the workout. For this reason, I have never gotten rid of any by selling them.
This is me. I don't really buy a lot, all told. I think I have maybe 50-60 altogether. My husband likes to tease me about my stuff, but he also says basically that if this is the worst spending habit I've got he doesn't have it too bad .

I also crave variety, so I like to "revisit old friends" sometimes too. I hang onto anything I've outgrown because I feel that there may be a time when I will need or want it again. I may not get much use out of the stuff I've outgrown right now, but a couple years ago when I was recovering from bronchitis, for example, it was a help to have my "starter vids".

I also have this crazy idea that someday someone will actually ask to borrow something or ask my advice about starter videos and I could offer to lend them something, but that doesn't ever seem to happen .
OxfordComma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 12:23 AM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I first came to VF in 1999 with 6 videos (VHS) and now...well I can't tell you exactly how many I have I haven't counted in a while, but it's a lot, over 200 easily. I finally took all the DVDs out of their cases and put them in binders to save space. The cases are in boxes in my crawl space. I have still have two racks and two boxes full of VHS tapes. And I do use them occasionally.

I haven't bought much in the last 5 years maybe 4-5 DVDs per year. Well I did just buy a Wii. Yikes!
Old 05-23-10, 12:28 AM  
bethers

For me, 90 (cases) is just about right. That way I can cycle through them once every three months or so and my storage box can hold them all.

I actually feel good about my collection because I get a lot of use out of it. Lots of variety and no boredom so far.

I'm pretty selective now and prefer new things from Ilaria, Kelly, Amy, Sharon, Cathe, or Patrick. Also partial to short leg/glute workouts, and some new yoga vids.
bethers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 07:56 AM  
Cowgirl32

When I first joined VF in 2006, I significantly increased my collection from 30-200 in about a couple of years time. But in 2008 I became a very selective VF-er knowing what I like and what works for me keeps unnecessary purchases at bay. Also, I make an agreement if I buy a new system I have to purge my collection of other videos that I don't use via trade, give away, or selling them.

Tags
hoarding, large collection, vidiocy