Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-16, 12:18 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Nice to see there's still some WIO fans here. I've gotten 100% completion twice, it's super addicting.
Old 06-28-16, 08:26 PM  
mlroman

I've gotten a few full islands, too. =) It had been a while since I pulled WIO out, but I'm glad I thought to the other day!

It really shocks me that there haven't been other similar games come out. I remember it was the #1 selling video game on Amazon for a while. They could have done a whole series and sold tons of them! (I have about 16 Virtual Active treadmill runs, and walk in place in my living room while I watch the scenery of different cities and countries go by. You can bet your bippie I'd have bought every WIO location they cared to make in the series at full price!) But not only no WIO2, but nothing else like it that I've heard of!

Almost makes me wanna go back to school to get a degree in video game programming...

Still just bein' a mel...
mlroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-16, 09:01 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Count me as one who still loves WIO too! It's just so stupidly satisfying. I always try to get the rainbow when I play, and I'm still working on collecting all the song and time pieces, before I build too much of anything - I figure that way I can make it last a little longer, and have more music to use while I'm building.

I really don't get why they didn't make more of them either - it's such a simple basic concept, and from there the possibilities are endless.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 06:14 AM  
hourglass

Miroman, great minds DO think alike.... we seem to have the same tastes - WIO, Classical Stretch, and now Virtual Active. I have a ton of them. I would definitely buy any more versions of WIO.

Sassy, that's what I'm focusing on in my new island - getting the songs first. And the routes. Then I'll build up my island. I guess I should focus on the timepieces too, since some things are only available at certain times.

People on Amazon were clammering for a WIO 2, but it never happened.

Joan
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 05:50 PM  
mlroman

Virtual Active =) How do you do your VA, Joan? Do you treadmill-it, or something less traditional?

Old 06-29-16, 06:14 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlroman View Post
Virtual Active =) How do you do your VA, Joan? Do you treadmill-it, or something less traditional?
I know you weren't asking me, but I have a Bellicon and will jog to my Virtual Actives. The combination of the view and the movement on the rebounder is incredibly relaxing.
Old 06-29-16, 06:24 PM  
mlroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I know you weren't asking me
But I welcome your input nonetheless, Jill!

I had an inexpensive Weider minitramp that I used it once and then got rid of because it was hard and hurt. I'd love to try a more expensive one - but they're more expensive.

For the VAs that don't have Johnny leading I put on Pandora's "Alternative Endurance" channel, and I just use them as walks when I don't have a lot of energy. I think my fave at the moment is Northern France. =)

Old 06-29-16, 06:26 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I know you weren't asking me, but I have a Bellicon and will jog to my Virtual Actives. The combination of the view and the movement on the rebounder is incredibly relaxing.
That is exactly what I do with my Jumpsport.

In fact, I use the trampoline for WIO as well, really pumps up the sweat especially during "Vacation" and "Get UR Freak On".
Old 06-30-16, 07:14 AM  
hourglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlroman View Post
Miroman, I bought a Wonder Core from HSN specifically to do the cardio. It's kind of like a sitting mini-stepper.
http://www.hsn.com/products/wonder-c...ut-dvd/7667788
I've found out I can do a lot of the pilates Wunda Chair exercises with it too!

Joan
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, walk it out, walking, wii, wii walk it out