Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-10, 04:42 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Uh oh. Thanks Debbie (I think).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 05:07 PM  
antbuko

Yay, I'm so glad you like it. Can't wait to get mine.
Old 02-18-10, 09:21 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Sue, how did you stay to the beat of the music? My points get taken away if I don't stay on beat, thus a zero sweat factor for me.
Did you change the setting to no penalty for missing beats? My daughter did that and enjoyed the game much more. Since I'm used to playing DDR, keeping on beat was no problem for me.

I wasn't just walking; I was jumping, jacking and scissor-jumping. If I came upon something worth 100 points or more, I would save it and then jump or scissor until I "got" it. I don't think this is supposed to be the Wii answer to Insanity but I think it's easy to modify up or down. (Then again, after doing those circuits you've been posting, no wonder you don't sweat when walking! )

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 09:57 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Debbie, I suggest reading the Amazon messages and the extended instruction manual by the mfg. - linked at Amazon.

I don't really sweat with this game either, but it keeps me from perusing political web sites in the evening while my family watches movies. LOL.

Some ideas.

You can click on the icon in the bottom right corner and you can change the settings. I'm on easy and don't lose any points for missed steps. I'm guessing it will take me about 40-60 hours to get everything.

At first, spend all your points on music. Then you can go into the control panel - bottom right- and go to playlists. You can turn off all the slower music. The bpms are in one of columns. You can click on the top of that column and sort by bpms.

I use the wiimote and nunchuck and use my step for music in the 130-140 bpm range. Walk 140-155 and jog anything higher.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 04:54 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I did around 7000 steps yesterday, and 10,000 steps today - and my daughters played for nearly 2 hours this morning (their school opening was delayed). Today I tried doing it with remote/nunchuck, both on the floor and on the rebounder. It was okay but I missed a few steps. Overall I prefer the mat even if I have to pause every few minutes to shift it back to the middle of the room.

I even tried doing kettlebell swings, with the setting on half time and the slowest songs. Didn't work very well.

My hamstrings and butt are already burning!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 06:10 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
I don't really sweat with this game either, but it keeps me from perusing political web sites in the evening while my family watches movies. LOL.
Too funny, Lynn!

I've been really enjoying WIO too! On Facebook, (search on Walk It Out), you can find a nice map of the island...

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 06:12 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I did around 7000 steps yesterday, and 10,000 steps today - and my daughters played for nearly 2 hours this morning (their school opening was delayed). Today I tried doing it with remote/nunchuck, both on the floor and on the rebounder. It was okay but I missed a few steps. Overall I prefer the mat even if I have to pause every few minutes to shift it back to the middle of the room.
I like the mat the best too. WIO is the easiest way I've found to get in those 10,000 steps a day!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 06:34 PM  
lindseylu8

I *really* want this one! I wish I had seen the amazon deal!

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 06:35 PM  
pmoon

Dorothy,
Can't find the Walk it Out on FB. When I put in Walk It Out in the seach bar, it comes up with some music groups. What am I doing wrong? I would love to see a whole map of the island!!

We love WIO. I haven't tried it with the mat, only the nunchuck and rebounder. I also, set it so I don't miss any steps!!

ETA: Found it!! thanks for the info
pmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 08:53 PM  
shannonb

Hmm. These raves have me more interested than I was. I just don't have a mat. I am really enjoying my Wii for fitness though. It has definitely gotten me much more consistent with my workouts - probably because there is no dread. Yeah, it's no Insanity I'm sure, but it is getting me working out.

I completed a 30 day challenge in EA Active (my first completed rotation EVER!) and am loving EA More Workouts even better than the original. I've been using a harder band, but am working on contraptions to hold the wiimotes so I can use dumbbells and really heavy up. I do Cardio Boxing on my off days for my Active rotation, and was considering Just Dance as an alternative, but maybe I will get Walk it Out instead...
shannonb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, walk it out, walking, wii, wii walk it out