Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-07-09, 05:06 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Tell me about your video collection

I don't think this has been asked in awhile and I always love these kinds of threads. We get a chance to learn a bit about each other and it's fun!

So... please tell me about your video collection:

How many videos do you own?

Which ones are your favorites?

Are they arranged any particular way?

What videos would make your collection complete?

And maybe this is voyeuristic of me (forgive me ), but if you have a picture of your collection, please post it.

As for myself, I try to keep my collection small. I have probably 25 videos. I like to try lots of vids though - so I tend to sell and trade quite a bit. Right now, I've attained a happy balance - I wouldn't trade a single one of the videos that I have. I keep the videos lined up in a dresser drawer. There are two videos that I am thinking of getting: Michael Carson's Get Sexy w/o and Michelle Dozois' Ultimate Workout.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your collection.

Thanks,
Nat
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 05:14 PM  
Cowgirl32

How many videos do you own? Hmm a LOT ;D. Last time I counted it was over 150 videos, but I am satisfied with my collection. Rarely do I get an 'itch' for new videos. Unless they are int.-adv. dance cardio, thorough barre workouts, or Firm workouts that have a lot of great feedback from unbiased sources.

Which ones are your favorites? My favorites are my tried and true Firm workouts, barre genre workouts(P57 right now), and dance cardio workouts(no crazy instructors) that provide a good burn.

Are they arranged any particular way? Yes I have my C+S total body workouts, then my total body sculpt routines, and lastly my cardio workouts. Then on the shelves beneath that I have pilates/yoga, barre workouts, upper body only workouts, and lower body only workouts...yep that covers it

What videos would make your collection complete? Hmmm if P57 came out with the most thorough body scuplting system to have ever hit the fitness market; then I may consider saying my workout collection is complete. But it's very unlikely .
Old 10-07-09, 05:19 PM  
lindseylu8

I have somewhere over 200 dvds. Most of them are in their cases, but I also have 2 wallets filled w/ dvds.

I have all my Firms together. Well the Pink Firms are on a dif shelf from the rest of them-so many Firms, so little space. Those are next to the TLT's & FitPrimes. Then I group other similair dvds near each other: My Barrys Bootcamps, rebounding, Exercise TV, etc.

My favs are my Firms, but I love them all-of course.

I am eyeing Tracie Long's new series and Nancy Tuckers new series as well. Besides that my wish list is rather small.

These are actually pretty old photos and I have shifted things around since then and upgraded almost all of my Firm VHS to DVD.

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 05:37 PM  
dbclark44

I have about 150 workouts of DVDs and VHS.

I have them mainly arranged in order of instructor, i.e., all my FIRMs are together, my Cathe's, Jari Loves, etc. I prefer to keep them together that way.

My favorites are Cathe's Pure Strength and Pyramid workouts with my Firms coming in second.

Right now I'm interested in obtaing the CS workouts and I'd eventually like to get Cathe's STS 2 and 3 series.

One of these days I'll get motivated and upload them to computer arranging them by category of type of workout i.e., total body, C+S, Upper body, Lower body etc. Deb
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 05:49 PM  
alisoncooks

I have about 20-25 (too lazy to open the bottom drawer and confirm exactly how many above 20 )

I keep mine grouped by type: barre, yoga, pilates, general AWT....
And they all live in 2 side table drawers that no one ever looks in...but I think I'm going to outgrow that VERY soon, so I'll have to find a new home for them.

I don't feel like my collection is lacking anything, though I do have a wish list (currently kettlenetics and Physique 57). But I have enough to keep me busy for a while!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 06:16 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I have about 20-25 (too lazy to open the bottom drawer and confirm exactly how many above 20 )

But I have enough to keep me busy for a while!
Give it a couple weeks ... you haven't been here all that long.

I have 106 dvd cases. Notice I said dvd cases. But I cheat and count STS as one, P90X as one, Insanity as one, etc. If I really had to add up each disc, I'm sure I'd be close to 300 if not over.

But I need each and every one of them. Really. I only have a handful of VHS - Cory's GHAS, Cathe's Wedding Tape and Mega Step Blast.

My workouts are on two shelves of a four shelf bookcase in my living room. The bottom two shelves contain dumbbells, my shoes, etc. All my non-Cathes are on my top shelf separated by a bookend, and the dvds I'm currently doing sit to the right. They are loosely grouped by genre: Beachbody stuff, Bento, ballet/barre, Ellen, and miscellaneous.

My Cathes snuggle together on the same shelf in order of release (and I'm running out of room! They might have to slum with the other ones soon! ). On top of the bookcase is my workout calendar and any virgin workouts.

Last edited by bearcatfan; 10-07-09 at 06:29 PM. Reason: To make clear I'm talking dvd cases, not individual dvds. That's much worse.
bearcatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 06:25 PM  
MuscleGuy

Following Rose's counting system, I have around 50 DVDs.

My faves are Insanity, STS Meso 2, and my Kelly Coffey-Meyers.

They are on a bookshelf...arranged by instructor.

I'll dig the camera out and post a picture tommorow.

Adam

P.S. Lindseylu.......you sure are a big Hello Kitty fan!

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 06:28 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleGuy View Post
Following Rose's counting system, I have around 50 DVDs.
Finally new math comes in handy.
Old 10-07-09, 06:56 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
Finally new math comes in handy.
Rose I love your counting system!!!
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 07:08 PM  
counterclockwise

I used to do only Firms, and had almost all of them at one time. I had a small house and nowhere to keep all the cases, so I threw most of the cases away and kept the DVDs in a book. Well, then I discovered Cathe and other more advanced workouts, and have sold/given away a lot of the Firms. I also began to think keeping the DVDs in this book was maybe contributing to DVD scratches, so I'm starting to keep my workouts in their cases now.

I have:

24 Firms plus the Wave basic (Wave given to me by a friend)
The TLTs
21 Individual Cathe workouts and STS (Shock Cardio on pre-order!)
CLX
Powerfit
4 Amy's
2 KCMs
2 Patrick's
Several misc. others

I really need (ok, want) some good lower-key and fun cardio, so having several of those would make my collection complete (I think). I just don't know which ones are any good! I think STS is the ultimate in weights for me. I love splits and although I've only finished Meso 1 so far, I loved it!

Last edited by counterclockwise; 10-08-09 at 03:06 PM. Reason: forgot powerfit!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection