Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-09, 11:53 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Well, leg presses gave me exactly the opposite effect: my butt went from flat to rounded! Maybe some people are using their quads more than their glutes to step up?

I too thought Spongebob Butt referred to cellulite. I'd still like to see a photo of a butt with corners

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 12:17 PM  
acey

I have such a weird butt (with a long slope, and very short legs) that I don't even worry about it :P Have people found that the step-ups help that border between butt and hamstring? For me the border is never sharply delineated.

Melissa, love, love love the Spongebob clip! I am a big fan myself and I remember episodes where Spongebob lifts weights (the plates are teddy bears), does pushups (to wrestle Patrick in the Fry Cook Games) and of course, does martial arts. In one of the newest episodes, he talks about a toning program that he gave up on and gave to Patrick. Patrick shows off his very toned thigh muscle and says something about "I got great results." Squidward does a double-take and mutters, "Wow, those ARE great results."
Old 03-05-09, 12:32 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakFitness
Oh, now I get it, pancake butt!
No, not quite. Pancake Butt implies what we had before working out, no development in the rear at all. Sponge Bob Butt, OTOH, where the muscles have lifted in some areas, but the butt isn't rounded, it's squared off. SueB pretty much nailed one of the causes. The other cause would be not enough cardio, which was always an issue for me with FIRM.

I had a bad case of this early in my Tall Box career until I realized that I didn't need a 14" step to get results, and just because Sandahl was picking up *her* heavy weights didn't mean I needed to, also.

Besides moving to lighter/no weights and a shorter step, floorwork will help file the edges off that Square Butt. Notice no one ever got SBB from Vols. 1 or 2, and I don't recall reading that any Cathe users got this.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 01:18 PM  
ko09
Account Disabled

Cathe does alot of tall box climbs these days...Does she have them in STS? Since her butt is all muscle, you can tell the muscle isn't square, maybe for others its just bodyfat or how some bodies are?
ko09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 01:24 PM  
lindseylu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B
...Maybe some people are using their quads more than their glutes to step up?...
When I first started using the Firm, I was definately using my quads and not my glutes because I wasnt putting enough pressure into my heels. Maybe you are onto something here...

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 01:59 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey
Have people found that the step-ups help that border between butt and hamstring? For me the border is never sharply delineated.
While the tall box gave me a lifted butt, it also gave me a bigger one, which is great for pancake butts, which has never been my problem. You can target that area between butt and hamstring by doing Margaret Richard's floorwork (or maybe any floorwork). I got a smaller but lifted butt with her workouts.
Old 03-05-09, 02:11 PM  
ladysaraii

Hmm, I dont think I've ever experienced this. Actually, I was just thinking that I need to do some leg presses b/c apparently all the squats and lunges in CLX arent quite enough.

I need to figure out how to really work those moves to put more of an emphasis on the glute, b/c top of glute, fine..bottom of glute, needs a pick me up/rounding

Incidently, when I moved into my house, my butt was so high and round it was great! All that up and down stairs paid off.

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 04:25 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Some people also refer to the SpongeBob butt as a shelf butt.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 05:39 PM  
shortie

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit
You can target that area between butt and hamstring by doing Margaret Richard's floorwork (or maybe any floorwork). I got a smaller but lifted butt with her workouts.
Which Margaret Richard workout is this? (Always looking for a smaller butt!!!)
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 05:59 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Urban Dictionary says square butt is the opposite of bubble butt:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=square+butt

I tried googling for an image of a "square butt" and got nothing but pictures of handguns and door hinges.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm deathbox, firm for life, spongebob butt