Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-09, 09:28 AM  
ellens2

The qvc price does seem like a great deal. I ordered this set when it first came out. The price was all over the place when it first came out. One weekend, they greatly discounted it so I got the basic and deluxe set for $69.80. Unfortunately, shipping and handling was $24.90 so the total came to $94.70. Sadly, I still haven't used the set.
Old 01-19-09, 09:56 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2

There is just something about this fusion movement I really like. It is fun and feels good and different like NIA and at the same time has a sneaky higher intensity that suddenly leaves me breathless and sweaty in a short period of time. I would call it an AWT, functional strength and dance fusion. I previously tried a few basic kettlebell type workouts and the movements were boring to me (no offense to kb fans please, different strokes for different folks).

Barb S
who still may cave and order QVC's set if still available especially after revisiting Cardio Balanced this morning
I just had to say, I'm not offended with as much as i like Kb's. I see can now see why people LIKE different things. I am just seeing what I like and it bothers me some. I think what I've found is I like strength, toning, weight resistance exercises but I don't like them boring for flowing as if you are dancing.

I guess I'm a purist? is that it when you like it a certain way? I don't know,I'm still just trying figure what turns me on. than you so much LAC for making the picture clearer. I think sometimes when you're trying to compare you get confused, I'll keep saying I, not talking about anyone but the flipping is confusing.

so, I guess, Yes, I love my kettbells and only have desired my RKC following but I'm trying something else. When i went to the gyms, you know, they do have all kinda stuff there, the Indian clubs even perk me a bit, so I won't be surprised if later on in this year, I have a gander at those. lo. All I'm trying to do is change this body and do it with fun.

Can you all tell me, how come they can advertise these products and the instructors bodies don't change. do you know when it stops? the change? the body changing?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 10:45 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC
You're welcome!

Barb, I just recently acquired the basic set through a trade. I haven't done any of the workouts yet, but did do a little previewing. If you are looking for more "dancing" with the kbell like in Flowmotion Basics or Cardio Balanced, I don't think the two extra DVDs from the QVC set (Target Toning, Strength & Stretch and CardioFit Ballet) will provide it. Target toning appears to be five 10-minute segments of floor work with the kbell. Strength & Stretch looks like stretching on the floor and on a stability ball. CardioFit Ballet looks like barre work using a chair as the barre.

ETA - I don't know anything about the 2 DVDs from the deluxe set, but I'm guessing they might have more cardio - or at least the one with the word dance in the title.

Thank you so much in posting in time for me to cancel my order!!
Will use the extra $$ towards the deluxe workouts if they ever become available. I could try the 800 kettlenetics customer service number but heard too many nightmares scaring me off.

Barb S
who finally figured it out that the workouts were like a chiball and kb fusion and I never did the chiball floor stuff much LOL
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 10:47 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

what is chiball? never heard of it? I went to the kettlenetics site and never could find the advanced you all are talking about, so I gave up looking. lol

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-19-09, 10:49 AM  
daisysunshine

Cheryl - you don't get to the advanced set until you actually do the order [I think its like the LAST page you see before you go "Confirm Order" which is the stupdiest thing I've ever heard of but oh well.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 10:56 AM  
cynthia42

I ordered the QVC set - I'm also unsure why I held out this long and caved now, especially since I like traditional KB work which may not be a good sign here. However, I'm posting to say that I called the Kettlenetics customer service and they said you can buy the Deluxe add-ons (8 pound kb plus two DVDs) for $29.90 plus $9.95 shipping. I already have an 8 pound bell so I think I'm going to wait to see if I actually like these before I consider that. They said they can't sell the DVDs separately from the 8 pound KB so that would make it a pretty expensive purchase for me for just two DVDs, especially when I don't even know if I'll like it. Anyhoo, the number if you want to order that is (800) 350-8029. I'd love to hear some details on those deluxe DVDs if anyone has them or gets them.
cynthia42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 11:03 AM  
horsemom2

I may be ordering that Deluxe set since I canceled the QVC and the prices are almost the same and wouldn't mind getting the 8lb kb. Most folks who received Flow Motion Dance (one of the two in the deluxe set) didn't like it but I think I will. The other Deluxe Total Body Blast workout was compared to be similar to Cardio Balanced and was the favorite one of the whole batch.

Chiball involves flowing NIA-like movements while holding a nonweighted but scented small ball. Unfortunately, their workouts are all vhs and their one and only most recent dvd hasn't reached the US yet.

Barb S

ETA: I did it! called the 800 number and ordered just the Deluxe set. The CS who answered was alittle confused and put me on hold and came back and announced I could buy just the Deluxe set so it cost even less ($39.85) than the QVC set which I had canceled
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 11:37 AM  
LAC

Quote:
ETA: I did it! called the 800 number and ordered just the Deluxe set. The CS who answered was alittle confused and put me on hold and came back and announced I could buy just the Deluxe set so it cost even less ($39.85) than the QVC set which I had canceled
Let us know how you like it when it arrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody
than you so much LAC for making the picture clearer. I think sometimes when you're trying to compare you get confused, I'll keep saying I, not talking about anyone but the flipping is confusing.
It took me a little figuring to get it all sorted out for myself - glad I could help somebody else make sense of it too
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 11:47 AM  
sundari

Barb - do let us know how you like the Deluxe Set. Thank you for trying to compare this to something we would understand. I like all of these NIA, Fusion, Dance and Barre. So hopefully will like the Kettlenetics.

Cynthia - thank you for including the phone number and for calling to let us all know about obtaining the Deluxe Set.
Old 01-19-09, 11:51 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
I
Chiball involves flowing NIA-like movements while holding a nonweighted but scented small ball. Unfortunately, their workouts are all vhs and their one and only most recent dvd hasn't reached the US yet.

Barb S

sounds like some good Chi is happening here. Glad to hear it.

Cynthia, maybe cause we got used to Real kettlebell style and knowledge that it blocked us. I was put off at first because I said, oh goodness someone trying to put out a kb dvd and it's not kettlebells. So, I got, took the wrong impression of why these were made. I don't think they were trying to duplicate KBS but just using the equipment and using her dance, pilates background. not so much to break into the kb stream but, to do something different. Then again, this could be totally out there thinking also. As long as I don't look at it to be kbs', I think I can get it for what it's worth and separate the two.

thank you for explaining the chiball.

~~~Cheryl

Tags
kettlenetics, michelle khai