Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-09, 12:26 AM  
cynthia42

Yes duh! Thanks, Cheryl that's exactly it. I don't know why I had so much trouble making sense of that. Are the further two add-on DVDs available individually? Thanks!
cynthia42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 12:33 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I can't answer that as this is my first interaction with the program. I'm sure Barb and the others that know the parts will be here to help. I went to collage to look at the clip again and it looks different again. i must see different things at different times. lol I don't know why seeing it for the same price on Collage didn't tempt me either. I must be weather permitting or something. lol

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 07:56 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody
I can't answer that as this is my first interaction with the program. I'm sure Barb and the others that know the parts will be here to help. I went to collage to look at the clip again and it looks different again. i must see different things at different times. lol I don't know why seeing it for the same price on Collage didn't tempt me either. I must be weather permitting or something. lol
maybe cuz Collage is not selling those extra 2 infomercial dvds (KB Target Toning, Strength & Serenity plus CardioFit Ballet bonus) at that price and Amazon was much cheaper for maybe a week for the same basic set.

Heck I was ready to order QVC's set to get the other two dvds and trade duplicates but decided I would just try to trade for the extra basic dvds instead or hope Gaiam releases them retail down the road along with the deluxe dvds. There is just something about this fusion movement I really like. It is fun and feels good and different like NIA and at the same time has a sneaky higher intensity that suddenly leaves me breathless and sweaty in a short period of time. I would call it an AWT, functional strength and dance fusion. I previously tried a few basic kettlebell type workouts and the movements were boring to me (no offense to kb fans please, different strokes for different folks).

Barb S
who still may cave and order QVC's set if still available especially after revisiting Cardio Balanced this morning
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 08:04 AM  
adrien_73

I think there is one more cardio/toning workout that came with the deluxe set. I cannot remember the name though.

Since I am more interested in the cardio workouts, I wish I could get my hands on that one!!!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 08:27 AM  
sundari

Barb - which workouts from Kettlenetics did you find to be most like NIA?
Old 01-19-09, 08:29 AM  
LAC

Okay, I think this is right:

The basic set from the infomercial (for $74.85 total) or thru QVC (for $43.08 total) comes with the 4# red kbell, wrist bands, wall chart and a booklet with two rotations and a meal plan, plus five DVDs (the first four are in 1 case; the extra one comes in a cardboard sleeve):
DVD1 - kb elements
DVD2 - flowmotion basics
DVD3- cardio balanced
DVD4 - kb target toning
DVD 5 - stretch & strength and cardio fit ballet

The following extras make up the deluxe package, which I think is only sold through the kettlenetics infomercial (this costs an extra $29.90 plus s&h; it is not included for the $74.85 total mentioned above):
8# blue kbell
DVD6 kb flowmtion dance
DVD7 kb total body blast

The set being sold through Collage & Amazon only includes the following:
4# red kbell and 3 DVDs:
DVD1 kb elements
DVD2 flowmotion basics
DVD3 cardio balanced

Last edited by LAC; 01-19-09 at 08:49 AM. Reason: add/clarify pricing
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 08:48 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
Barb - which workouts from Kettlenetics did you find to be most like NIA?
flowmotion basics really felt like NIA to me and I am hoping that one or more of the extra workouts in the QVC set does too so I just caved and ordered LOL

Barb S
who would have skipped the Amazon set if I knew this QVC set was around the corner but like the workouts I got too much not to get the others and can always return to QVC if disappointed
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-09, 08:48 AM  
sundari

Thanks LAC. Then I would say that QVC does offer the best deal.
Old 01-19-09, 08:50 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
flowmotion basics really felt like NIA to me and I am hoping that one or more of the extra workouts in the QVC set does too so I just caved and ordered LOL

Barb S
who would have skipped the Amazon set if I knew this QVC set was around the corner but like the workouts I got too much not to get the others and can always return to QVC if disappointed
Thank you Barb. I feel this will be my first purchase of 2009. I really thought I could of held out longer.
Old 01-19-09, 08:59 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
Thanks LAC. Then I would say that QVC does offer the best deal.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
Barb, I just recently acquired the basic set through a trade. I haven't done any of the workouts yet, but did do a little previewing. If you are looking for more "dancing" with the kbell like in Flowmotion Basics or Cardio Balanced, I don't think the two extra DVDs from the QVC set (Target Toning, Strength & Stretch and CardioFit Ballet) will provide it. Target toning appears to be five 10-minute segments of floor work with the kbell. Strength & Stretch looks like stretching on the floor and on a stability ball. CardioFit Ballet looks like barre work using a chair as the barre.

ETA - I don't know anything about the 2 DVDs from the deluxe set, but I'm guessing they might have more cardio - or at least the one with the word dance in the title.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlenetics, michelle khai