Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-09, 10:28 AM  
Becky

Malibu Pilates DVDs

So I got really lucky and am getting the Malibu Pilates Chair tomorrow. I got it for $75 off of Craig's List!

But it doesn't come with the DVDs. I've spent hours on line looking for some place where they sell the DVDs, but with no luck.

Does anyone know where these can be purchased separately?

TIA!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 07:39 PM  
Mushiebear

Workouts to purchase and free audio downloads to use with chair....

Becky;

Peak Pilates sells the higher end MVe Pilates Fitness Chair; the Malibu Pilates chair is very similar to the MVe and the workouts for one are quite usable with the other.
Peak's video offerings can be found at this url:
http://www.peakpilates.com/equipment/cat_DVDs.cfm

and, they offer free audio downloads here:

http://www.peakpilates.com/community...s/default.aspx

Personally, I find the workouts from Peak to be preferable to the Malibu Pilates workouts. While the moves are similar, the pacing is different as is the number of repetitions. Also, I feel the form pointers are more explicit on Peak's workouts.

Congratulations on finding the chair at a good price!
Mushiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 08:24 PM  
Becky

Thank you so much Mushiebear!!

I am definitely going to download those free workouts. Wow.

Thanks for the links!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Old 01-17-09, 01:40 PM  
sanchiababy

Mushiebear,

Do you have the Malibu Pilates Chair? If you do, have you gotten the "Accelerated Results package" which includes the high bars that fit on the sides of the Malibu Pilates Chair and two workouts? I just got it and viewed and tried most of both workouts today. Can you say H-A-R-D??? That was the most difficult thing I've ever tried. Maybe it's just me because I have very weak arm strength (i.e. cannot do pullups and I have a hard time doing a lot of pushups on my toes in one shot).

You know the exercise where you have to hold on to the back of the chair with your feet on the pedals and you have to use your abs to pull your body upward? In one of these new workouts with the extended bars, they have the same exercise but instead you hold on to the top of the extended bars. But now it's not your abs that are pulling you up but your arms (triceps). I never thought that exercise would've been that hard - boy was I wrong! I couldn't do it! I had to go back to original exercise.

I don't know if I was doing the exercise wrong (i.e. using the wrong muscles to pull up) since this was the first time I had tried this. But it seems I have something to work up to.

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack the thread but I just had to tell someone who may have the Malibu Pilates Chair about these extended bars. Very challenging I must say.

Sanchia
sanchiababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 04:16 PM  
workoutqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchiababy
Mushiebear,

Do you have the Malibu Pilates Chair? If you do, have you gotten the "Accelerated Results package" which includes the high bars that fit on the sides of the Malibu Pilates Chair and two workouts? I just got it and viewed and tried most of both workouts today. Can you say H-A-R-D??? That was the most difficult thing I've ever tried. Maybe it's just me because I have very weak arm strength (i.e. cannot do pullups and I have a hard time doing a lot of pushups on my toes in one shot).

You know the exercise where you have to hold on to the back of the chair with your feet on the pedals and you have to use your abs to pull your body upward? In one of these new workouts with the extended bars, they have the same exercise but instead you hold on to the top of the extended bars. But now it's not your abs that are pulling you up but your arms (triceps). I never thought that exercise would've been that hard - boy was I wrong! I couldn't do it! I had to go back to original exercise.

I don't know if I was doing the exercise wrong (i.e. using the wrong muscles to pull up) since this was the first time I had tried this. But it seems I have something to work up to.

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack the thread but I just had to tell someone who may have the Malibu Pilates Chair about these extended bars. Very challenging I must say.

Sanchia

Sanchia,

I'm glad to hear that! I just ordered the Accelerated Package a few days ago. Prior to that, I was going to sell my MP Chair. Now, I have a "renewed" interest in it.

Becky, another idea is to call the Customer Service # from the MP website and ask if you could purchase the DVDs.

Katrina

Katrina
workoutqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 05:35 PM  
Becky

I just got the chair today and haven't had a chance to do much, but I tried out all the exercises on the chart and that move you were talking about Sanchiababy, yowza that is so hard to do! I can't imagine making it more difficult... but look forward to wanting to someday. I can tell already that this is really going to work the lower abs, where I need it the most. I hate doing reverse crunches because it always hurts my back, so this is so cool to me!!

I've already downloaded the podcasts for the chair from the links Mushiebear provided. Thanks again Mushiebear!! They sound excellent.

Katrina, how much does the accelerated package cost? And I'm assuming you can order that separately?

Now I'm going to go mess around with the chair some more.

Old 01-17-09, 06:21 PM  
workoutqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky
I just got the chair today and haven't had a chance to do much, but I tried out all the exercises on the chart and that move you were talking about Sanchiababy, yowza that is so hard to do! I can't imagine making it more difficult... but look forward to wanting to someday. I can tell already that this is really going to work the lower abs, where I need it the most. I hate doing reverse crunches because it always hurts my back, so this is so cool to me!!

I've already downloaded the podcasts for the chair from the links Mushiebear provided. Thanks again Mushiebear!! They sound excellent.

Katrina, how much does the accelerated package cost? And I'm assuming you can order that separately?

Now I'm going to go mess around with the chair some more.
Hi Becky,

Yes, you can order it separately, I just ordered it two days ago. It's brand new. The Accelerated Package was pricey. It adds up to an additional $70. If you look on the website, it says that it will bill $10 over 6 months plus the $9.99 to ship. Currently, there is no option on the website to buy the AP separately so I decided to call. Actually, I called twice and the second rep was able to find the code for me to just bill me $9.99. I decided to do it this way because I wasn't sure if I would like the workouts or not. If I don't like them, I will get a refund back within the 30 day trial period. I'm hoping I like these new workouts, if not, I think I'm going to sell it.

HTH,
Katrina
workoutqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 06:39 PM  
F1mom

eBay has a ton of the Malibu Pilates DVDs sold separately for a decent price.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 06:45 PM  
Becky

Thanks for the info. Katrina.

I think I'll wait for you and Mushiebear's reviews...

After messing around on it for a while, I've realized that I have a long way to go before I'll need the accelerated program. This thing is tough! I LOVE it already. LOL

Tags
malibu pilates