Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-06, 03:55 PM  
Mibandibee

Do you like kickboxing? Some kickboxing workouts have good toning intervals that uses body weight instead of actual weights. Criss Cross Cardio is a good one ( that is a CIA) and Janis Saffell's Strike Zone is also a good stregnth/toning one- with some cardio.
Old 09-07-06, 04:33 PM  
dnk
VF Supporter

I'm more of a Pilates and yoga person myself, but I try to include weights on a semi-regular basis. I've been using Core Strength more consistently. It was released by TLP and there have been all kinds of degradation problems which are well-documented here. If you can find it and are willing to risk it, it's great. However, the TLTs are (or so I've heard) very similar and there are clips at Collage to help you decide. I believe Finding Your Core is just strength as opposed to strength and cardio.

I previewed Kathy Smith's Lifts Weights to Lose Weights, 1 and 2, and I thought 2 was a well put together workout. It also has a tough balance ball bonus segment. (Volume 1 had hyper Kathy, which was really jarring.)

I also like some of the Firms, with special kudos going to Volume 1, Body Sculpting Basics, because it doesn't require nearly as much equipment as the later releases. That, of course, has cardio and weights. As others mentioned, Body Sculpt and Super Body Sculpt are really good, but you do need a tall stool. I liked Weights First from FitPrime very much. Unfortunately, it's not on DVD. However, from what I saw of the clips and breakdown of Strong Bear, that workout is very similar. There is a DVD version with both Tracie Long (when it was released by FitPrime) and Keli Roberts (when it was released by WHFN). The WHFN site has an area where you can see clips after you've registered.

I reallu like Karen Voight as well, but she does usually stick to high rep, low weight (with some exceptions). I have Sleek/Slim Physique, which includes some weight training segments. As light as you need to go to keep up with her pace (she doesn't even use weights for the lower body), it's pretty effective. For something even more different, Core Essentials is also a total body workout that concentrates on the smaller muscles. Again, Collage has clips.

Finally, if you do get curious about Cathe again, if you have Fit TV (or OnDemand), you can check out some of her stuff as it comes up.

Good luck!

Deb
dnk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, weighted bar