Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-05, 11:39 AM  
ErinF
Exchange Moderator

My AMAZING thrift store find! And a couple of questions

Just had to share . . . I got a red Wavemaster bag for $24!!!!! I have been wanting one of these for years! I'm so excited!

So, my fellow vidiots . . . what workouts do I need to get to use with my new toy? I already have visions of putting in some fab music and just kicking and punching away. I also picked up TaeBo Contact 2 at Goodwill, but haven't put it in yet. Also, it says you can fill the base with either sand or water. Which is better? And do they honor the lifetime guarantee?

Thanks!

Okay, so anyone else have any great tresures since our last bargain hunters bragging thread? I love reading about this stuff!

DISCLAIMER: I appeared as a background exerciser in a Patrick Goudeau step video. Impartiality in regard to his workouts, or any those of any other instructor with complex choreography, is NOT guaranteed!
ErinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-05, 11:47 AM  
SurferGirl

One thing I got this weekend was a waterproof walkman for $3. It's really nice and looks brand new. I wanted a new one for when I'm on the treadmill or eliptical. The waterproof ones are pretty expensive too. I made my boyfriend jealous, when I found it first

I also got Pilates Sculpt and Target Toning(the 10 min series) on DVD at a garage sale for $1 each. Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea and Sweatin to the Oldies 4 (Sweat and Shout), and Jane Fonda's Easy Going Workout (Prime Time Workout) at another thrift store for $1 each.

I LOVE thrift stores and garage sales!!
SurferGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-05, 12:46 PM  
KickDancer

Congrats on your find!

Here are all the workouts that can think of off the top of my head that use a punching bag:

Powerstrike Impact (Ilaria Montagnani)
Tae Bo Impact (Billy Blanks)
Analytical Fighting Systems: Heavy Bag Workout #1 (Scott Elliott)
Everlast Boxing: Beginning, Advanced (Michael Olajide)

You could also adapt the paddle-work segment of Janis Saffell's Kickbox Strike Zone to the heavy bag.

Have a blast with your new toy!
Old 09-28-05, 12:54 PM  
Messe

A lot of the Tae Bo Lives have a couple of people in them who are using a bag for kicks and punches.

And what a wonderful find!!!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-05, 02:08 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I agree with, Martha. You can easily do any Tae Bo workout with you new bag.

Congrats, Erin. I have a Wavemaster and I love it. You got a heck of a deal on that bag.

Powerstrikes impact workout is a good workout. Like other Powerstrike workouts, the production quality is poor, but the workout itself is very good.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 08:24 AM  
SurferGirl

I got the complete Power 90 set with resistance bands at a garage sale this weekend for $7

I also found:

Hula for Weight Loss (which I really wanted, because I have all her other videos, except this one.)
Alyssa Milano's Teen Steam

and a few other obscure exercise videos.
SurferGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 01:56 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i got cory everson's Get Hard abs and glutes - to match cory's get hard arms & shoulders that i already have. $1.50!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-05, 11:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

My amazing thrift store find!!! at Saver's

i went in to the local Savers Thrift store (it's a chain of thrift stores) and i could not believe it, but i got the following 6 DVDs for $2.99 each, and i also had a $5 off coupon. all told, i spent $13.50 (including tax):

Firm Calorie Killer 1 w/ Nayantcy
Firm Volume 4
Firm Cardio Split 1
Firm 5-Day Abs
Firm Standing Legs
Firm Super Cardio Sculpt

they had several others that i already had (Firm Max Body Shaping w/Tracy, Firm CAWT, Firm TS+A, and some others).

i walked over to the sporting equipment, hoping to find the Sculpting stick, but i saw the Body By Jake Bun and Thigh Rocker, and the bands were in good condition, for $45. i didn't get it - had to hold back!

i feel like going back to see if others were added to the shelf! Someone must have been a Firm subscriber who joined the membership, because i think that CS1 DVD was available from FirmDirect or Collage.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-05, 10:44 AM  
Diana3271

This week I found "Donnamite" for .69 and "Aerostep" (Gin Miller) for .99 at our local thrift store. I have noticed that Goodwill has increased their prices here and the thrift stores are still reasonable. Goodwill is starting to get a large collection because they are not selling as well as they used to. By the way, I did both of these workouts and really enjoyed them. These were a nice addition to my collection.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
thrift store finds