Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-21-19, 06:02 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, those are pretty impressive strength gains--great work!

Paine, yeah, two months off sounds like a lot and is great to have, but it goes by SO quickly!

Linda, hope James can help you! I'm still dealing with the back issue from when I tried to put my bike in the car. It felt better after icing/heating for a few days, and I thought it was fine, but in the past few days, it has felt like there's a knot stuck there that I can't work out.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-19, 06:52 PM  
JustSandra

Hello again!

Today's Workout: I started with Gaiam's Strong Knees, all except the stretch. It was okay, mostly pretty easy (which makes sense for rehab). However, the wall squat sequence was killer! I think I know now where I have a serious weakness. I then did Classical Stretch 801, which I enjoyed. I finished with some gentle freestyle rebounding while I reviewed the Lower Body segment from Fitness Fix Beginner. To me this segment looks like it would be really beneficial for me, so I'm going to begin regularly including this in my workouts. My knee felt noticeably better after this workout.

Re workout lengths, I used to routinely exercise for 90 minutes. Now I prefer 45 minutes to one hour tops.

Garrie: That's great you are seeing results from CLX.

Beth: You find so many interesting workouts on YouTube! I hope you back feels better soon.

Paine: I believe Winsor Buns & Thighs is one of my most used videos of all time! Totally no dread.

Linda: I've discussed my knees with my GP several times. He says it is up to me to let him know when I want to explore medical intervention. However, I'd rather do whatever I can to treat my knees myself first. I wouldn't mind a consultation with a good PT though.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-19, 07:00 PM  
Donna D

[QUOTE=JustSandra;2831430]
[
Paine: I believe Winsor Buns & Thighs is one of my most used videos of all time! Totally no dread.

QUOTE]

Same here Sandra - did this one this morning. I hope your knee feels better very quickly!

Hello to everyone else!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-19, 07:12 PM  
cyana

Yesterday:
Slow Flow Yoga Class
20 minutes meditation

Today:
20 minutes meditation
Made up cardio/total body weight circuits on the rebounder. I wasn't in the mood to have someone telling me what to do, so I took matters into my own hands.

Last week was all over the place. At the least I did N.O. dumps and meditation every day.

Sandra - I'm with you on needing to rethink my work-out strategy. I can't do too much tweaky yoga, as it makes my wonky hip quite unhappy (the 90 minute Iyengar class is a prime offender). Too many squats and such and the knees complain. Crikey, this getting old stuff isn't what it's cracked up to be!!

Garrie - Glad you're seeing positive results from CLX. 17.5 for biceps is great.....don't think I've ever done more than 15 with any degree of regularity. Lemonade sounds pretty good with this hot, humid weather!

Linda - Hopefully the third P.T. will be the charm.

Beth - I hope you get into the YoMassage class - that's sounds wonderful. My Gentle Yoga instructor comes around with various essential oil blends and massages our necks at the end of class. Bliss! While I rarely get to go to yin class since it's during the day, that instructor comes around and massages your back and such while you're in the long holds, which is really nice.

Paine - I wish I could work out an hour and a half every day. I'm trying so hard to get my sleep to a better place so I can wake up earlier, as there's no guarantee I'll get a decent work-out in if it doesn't happen before work.

Donna - Always good to see you.

Waves to Carolyn and Anny.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-19, 08:00 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, good for you for staying with the meditation (and N.O. Dumps--are you noticing anything from doing those so regularly?); I'm still off with my own meditation. When I teach, I actually offer my students head/neck massages sometimes at the end of class. It's something that my teacher (a former massage therapist) taught us to do in YTT, and I'll generally offer if the class is small enough. I would like to start working more therapeutic touch in my classes too, although it always feels like a bit of a minefield with the issues around consent.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-21-19, 10:00 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, this Facebook group has almost the exact same profile pic as you!
https://www.facebook.com/DemocraticW...erFingerLakes/

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-21-19, 10:40 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Linda, I hope that one day you are able to do Windsor Buns and Thighs.

Sandra, I agree that Gaiam's Strong Knees has a killer wall squat segment. I remember that segment gave me some serious DOMS.

Sandra and Donna, I love the "no dread" feel of Winsor Buns & Thighs. I had written in my notes about it that it was a "fun" workout.

Beth, I'm laughing at the Wonder Woman in that Facebook group, lol.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-19, 08:17 PM  
Garrie A.

I'm checking in with:
TAUGHT Strength, Core & More
PM: Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn (1st time...)

I bought Cardio Interval Burn (and the Remix one) in one of Mary's earlier sales, and decided to break the seal on it today. I really enjoyed it, although I did modify the last Peak. The choreography wasn't complex at all, mostly kickboxing with athletic cardio moves all synchronized perfectly to the music. While I was meh on Peak 10 Cardio Strength (too intense for me at the time; I'd love to try it again though), this one was a winner! I'm looking forward to trying the Remix one (and potentially buying More Cardio Interval Burn).

Tomorrow is my rest day from the CLX rotation, and I'm planning on a CS Express workout in the morning.

Y'all are making me want to pull out Winsor Buns & Thighs. I haven't done that workout in a LONG time.

Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-19, 11:00 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Good 'N Strong Volume 1 Upper Body work plus calves
CS 1019

Yesterday was an unplanned rest day. It felt good to get a workout done today.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-19, 03:18 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

No workout yesterday (Monday is my usual day off, in part because it is the most difficult day schedule-wise for me to add in exercise).

I'm happy to report my left knee tweakage has resolved. However, I'm going to continue with my fitness "reset," taking a much more critical look at how I exercise now and what DVDs I use. For

Today's Workout: I started with J.B. Berns Freedom Restoration Hand & Elbow Workout "A." This routine, along with Workout "B," are really good for my hands, especially when they become stiff and cramped. I want to do these plus other hand rehab routines at least a few times a week. I then did the Upper Body strength program from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set. This is one of my very favorite light-weight upper body routines, and even has a mild cardio effect. Luckily it is very knee-friendly. The only thing I think I will change from here on out is doing the triceps dips on the floor. I believe I can do something similar using my Fluidity barre which won't irritate my wrists.

Cyana: Yeah, getting older can be a b*tch. However, it beats the alternative! I'll go ahead and make the adjustments I need to so I can keep working out as long as I am able.

Waving to Donna!

Hope everyone has a great day -- I'm off to work!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote