Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-19, 08:00 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies Watch More Sunsets Than Television. July 21.

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and oth outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-19, 08:02 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Like I said last night, I don't know if the theme is true or inspirational, but I like the sentiment.

We're having a lazy Sunday so far. Everyone have a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-21-19, 08:30 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! I must be weird in that I've never gotten anything from Netflix . I remember they used to have red booths at the grocery and department stores, but I think now its all online or do you need to buy a box that'll channel them? Obviously I don't know about them .

I'm planning on going to an art fair today and walking Gus. Yesterday was such a wonderful day! I worked at circus but got out early, got a good walk in with Gus, got to see my friend at the library performing circus, visited a new thrift store in our area, grilled dinner, and enjoyed a beautiful cooler evening on my patio. And even got to sleep in my usual bed cuddling with Gus!

Paula, currently I only have Gus and finches - that was just a list of everything I've ever owned. I'm OK with a weekend away - just need to board Gus, but if I'm gone longer, I need someone to come in and take care of the finches also. Frankly, boarding care for everyone commonly costs more than wherever i'm staying . Enjoy your trip! I've had friends post videos of my performances to YouTube, so it must be OK (few minutes), but I think you need special permission for longer videos like a classroom course.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-19, 04:20 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I fixed a couple of issues with the theme. "Netflix" was apparently too specific, so I went more general. And, I forgot the date. I'd hate to see someone miss us because the date wasn't there.

It has been a nice afternoon. We went out and did some grocery shopping and I'm cooking chicken and veggies for dinner.

Anita - Netflix is one of the biggest streaming services these days. They started with DVDs through the mail and went online. Redbox is the company with the red machines. It sounds like you are having a really nice weekend. Hopefully, the art show was really good as well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-22-19, 06:56 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I did my walk with Gus yesterday - just lovely in the cool sunshine! I didn't go to the art fair though - just enjoyed my back yard. I did figure out how to use an antennae with my TV since DirecTV is having issues with my CBS station here and that's what I watch for news. I was surprised how many channels are now available and wondered if DirecTV can be dropped now...

Laura, can you tell I don't know video rental stuff well? I can say I haven't cooked a chicken in a long time here at home - I usually pick up a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and use that as needed.

Paula, hope you're having a wonderful vacation!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-22-19, 07:20 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Good morning. I slept really well last night and am trying to wake up and/or get moving. I'll do some stuff around the house and then head to the gym later this morning. This is the beginning of the 5th week of my Look Great in 8 rotation. You do four weeks and then repeat them starting this week. I think it's circuit week again. We don't have anything planned for this afternoon outside the house, so we may work on the pictures project. We're trying to sort through all the pictures we have and decide what to put in frames and how to group them.

Tomorrow, the temperatures are supposed to drop! Yay. We are supposed to see a 17 degree drop between today and tomorrow. Let's hope it stays cooler for awhile.

Anita - It sounds like another nice weekend day yesterday. Yeah, I use rotisserie chicken some as well. It's a nice option. I like it better than DH because of the spices/taste.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-22-19, 11:04 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

HI All! I'm still here battling my ankle/foot. The podiatrist I saw thinks it's tarsal tunnel syndrome and thinks I need an MRI to rule out other things. I have days of being grateful for what I can do interspersed with self-pity days when all I want to do is run and hike. I see my family doc on Friday to ask for an MRI referral. In other news, DH has been out of work for a month and it's likely to continue through to the end of August. It's actually not bad timing as his Dad is terminal - found that out on June 28 but wasn't ready to say it here right away. My Mom's Alzheimers is progressing too, so it's a difficult summer. Lots of highs and lows emotionally. Add in DS heading off August 31st for university, and some days are very tough. I'm trying my best to work out, do some things with DH and help our families too. We've had a mini heat wave here lately and the pool has been fantastic.

That's it - that's all I got. I still read here regularly, but don't always feel like popping in. I will do better soon, but I'm taking the rest of this week off and DH and I are gonna go have some fun together

Waves to all!
Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-19, 08:32 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus in a park, putzing around in the yard weeding and trimming, and working at the circus. I made pancakes for the first time in decades this morning to use some the maple syrup I picked up at the farmer's market this last week. I certainly need some practice at flipping!

Laura, how's the picture framing going? I have quite a few things on my walls and think about if a new place in a senior coop would have the wall space to accommodate most pictures - I've got them in my basement also which wouldn't be space I'd have in the future... Hope you get your cooler weather - right now it's what I AC'd my indoor space to - just heavenly outside! We've got plain chicken rotisserie also available for those that want to use the cooked chicken in other recipes (but I love the spices ).

Beth, good to see you! Sorry your ankle is still out, but at least you have your doctors working to figure it out. I'm glad your family has the time available to devote to family issues. It's so hard seeing your parents decline .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-23-19, 04:08 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yesterday, it was 97 degrees. This afternoon, in less than 24 hours, it was 67 degrees. We had a rip roaring storm move through here to make that happen. It's going to be worth it to have cooler temps. Of course, we didn't lose power, so all is good.

DH had another appointment with the new general practitioner and it was a good one. He does a great job at considering one medication change at a time. We are starting to see a few better things happening with DH's health. It's not enough to make overall changes to his health, but hopefully they will combine enough to actually create a permanent positive change. After the doctor, we went to lunch with Mom and Dad at the local Mexican restaurant. It was really good. On the way home, the storm broke and it sounded like the thunder and lightening was going to come through the roof of the car. The deluge of rain came along with all of that. Now, we're hanging out at home.

Beth - I'm so sorry about your parents are failing. I was afraid of something like that when you posted back in June. I hope that you do experience some moments with them and DS that you will cherish in future times. Hang in there through the tough times. I'm also sorry you can't run out your frustrations because of your ankle. Do you think an MRI at this point will show what the doctor thinks it might?

Anita - It sounds like you need to make pancakes again (1) so you can use more maple syrup and (2) so you can get more flipping practice. The pictures are going slow because we only work on them when DH feels up to it, which isn't often, and it's a confusing process to match pictures to those multi-picture frames. My solution is to batch them and do a set at a time - usually, a set are the pictures that will go in a certain space.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-24-19, 06:51 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC for a shorter time this morning as I have a dental appointment at 10 am. I also need to take antibiotics because of my knee replacement before the dental appointment. I think I can get the ducklings fed in time. Otherwise planning a nice walk with Gus today.

My main channel (CBS) for news and shows hasn't been on for several days because of a Directv dispute . I'm setting up my TV to pick up CBS over the air and found lots of other channels now available OTA, that are kind of cool. Debating whether to get a Tivo that'll record OTA channels and dropping my Directv.

Laura, glad DH has a doctor that will figure out a way to best manage his symptoms. We've had the huge downpours also - 2-3" in a storm - luckily here in the city we're draining OK, but the countryside is getting flooded and trees and getting uprooted . I'll try pancakes again tomorrow ! The hardest part of photos right now is that most are now on the computer instead of getting printed. Good luck picking pictures for your frames! Because they're computerized, it is easier to tell the photo place what size you want of them printed.

Waves to all!

Anita