Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-19, 03:30 PM  
Dabbadooey

Hang on to your dvd's. Turntables and vinyl are back in stores. What is old always becomes new again.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 03:38 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Every time I do a dvd purge, I later regret it.
Old 06-11-19, 03:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I like streaming but the past couple of weekends I had trouble streaming anything. Picture would freeze and no matter what I tried, I couldn't stream. If I didn't have DVDs (and downloads) to work out to, I would be one unhappy person. That's why I'm holding on to my DVDs and even buy any other DVD gems I can find at Half Price Books.
Old 06-17-19, 06:06 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I stream Cathe Live and love it, but it doesn’t always work. Freezing, loading problems etc are very frustrating. For that reason, I keep dvds just in case my wi fi is having a bad day. Also, it starts to cost lots to subscribe to multiple streaming sites, so I have one streaming subscription, free YouTube and a library of DVDs.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-19, 08:37 PM  
Sharaz

I purchased, traded and received the wealth upon discovering fitness DVDS and this forum. Trading was so much fun I was not familiar with many instructors or various workout styles besides weight lifting. Once I realized the workouts that fits my style and interests, I traded the ones I would never use. I can say that 99% of my collection are workouts that I use or may use in a future. I have my favorites and some virgins still.

I am NOT into streaming at this moment. I never liked the randomness of group / live classes. I also like to take a more personalized style of working out. I feel many streaming sites offers live classes environment. I am still looking for a streaming option that fits me.

I like the variety that my collection offers. I am keeping my DVDs for sure.
Old 06-17-19, 08:50 PM  
BunnyHop

I love my dvds, and won't be getting rid of them. Technological doodads change, but workouts that work for me are worth holding onto.

I'm currently enjoying my time at the local Y, but I have different goals just now and that's working for me. At some point in the future I'll be back with my dvds and searching for yet another new path to explore. If I got rid of my dvds I'd have to start the hunt for instructors I can tolerate all over again. Not doing that.
Old 06-17-19, 09:13 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
Every time I do a dvd purge, I later regret it.
Oh yes.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-19, 07:45 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I still have quite a few virgin DVDs but I am slowly working my way through them. I also love streaming and I always end up feeling guilty because I have such a big DVD collection I am doing a mix right now. There are two streaming sites I will keep, be360 (Bellicon), and Sarah Beth Yoga.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-19, 07:46 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Oh yes.
Me too
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 04:40 PM  
Sunshine

Exclamation I'm glad I have my VHS.

I have several Hundred VHS, (which I have now converted almost 98% into DVD form) and several hundred DVD's. and I, too, have been keeping them mostly.
Today I went to work out to a DVD and found that it was corrupt, thank goodness I still have the original workouts in VHS form.

The bad part is that I have to go searching through my collection to find these 10 vhs tapes so I can convert them all over again...

I think the mistake was cleaning the other side with alcohol, I wrote on it when I first made it. I thought I was keeping it safe.

Live and learn.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection, purge regrets, purging, purging dvds