Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-19, 10:23 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

kittybug,

My uncle lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for many years. He returned to live back in the US at least 20 years ago. He has yet to adjust. We turn the thermostat up for him when he visits our house (because we admittedly keep it pretty cool, especially in the winter) but he still usually (proactively) wears multiple layers and sometimes keeps a winter jacket on indoors when he's at our place for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. I won't even tell you what he usually keeps the thermostat at at his place.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-19, 10:37 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
kittybug,

My uncle lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for many years. He returned to live back in the US at least 20 years ago. He has yet to adjust. We turn the thermostat up for him when he visits our house (because we admittedly keep it pretty cool, especially in the winter) but he still usually (proactively) wears multiple layers and sometimes keeps a winter jacket on indoors when he's at our place for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. I won't even tell you what he usually keeps the thermostat at at his place.
Oh my goodness!! I can imagine, but then again, I can't. I do still hate winter, but I already always did even though I grew up in a colder climate. Of course, these days, I'm often grateful for cooler temps (you know, hormonal stuff!). And yes, I'm totally wondering what his thermostat is set at!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 02:53 PM  
angie_nrs

I workout in my basement all the time and some workouts make me sweat buckets and get red in the face no matter what the weather is like. Katami 4x4 and CC workouts come to mind.

However, when I use my neoprene abdominal belt, I sweat like crazy even on workouts that typically don't make me sweat much. That material holds it all in, so no evaporation. My waist area is always soaking wet when I wear it. I like to wear it for workouts that are high impact for some extra tummy support. The last thing I need is more stretch marks! It also helps support my low back a bit. Some people use them to shed inches in that area. I do feel much more pulled in after wearing it and for me, that extra support helps me increase my ROM. So, if you're looking to increase the sweat factor, you might want to look into a belt. I see them for just a few bucks at TJ Maxx or Michaels all the time in their fitness section.

Tags
perceived exertion, sweat, sweating