Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-20-19, 12:10 AM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Cathe tends to cue on the move - this is a major con and a huge pet peeve of mine, she did not used to do this and I'm going to keep bringing it up. In her earlier DVD's she is an absolute pro at cuing before the move making the workout so much easier to follow. This is especially annoying when she is doing a (new to me) move. Please explain what we are going to be doing next while we are marching in place, not just as we are starting it! I have hundreds of workouts, I rarely do one more than once a month so they are new to me every time I do them, I need good cuing.
I agree. I love that Cathe still does DVD's, but I do wish she'd keep what you said in mind during taping. Her older workouts have much better cueing. I noticed this a lot in the Cardio Party calorie crush as well. Loved the workout.....but annoyed by the late cueing.
Old 02-24-19, 02:39 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Today I did Pyramid Pump, the total body pyramid up premix. It was a really nice workout at around 45 minutes. I did modify quite a bit, I only used the gliding disc on the side lunges exercises and only used the stability ball on a few of the upper body exercises. I was able to match Cathe most of the time, there was a few upper body exercises that I did have to go lighter than she did. I matched her entirely on the lower body set, it was funny because the weights used here are the same that I use now for the original Pyramid workout.

I liked the choice of exercises too, maybe I will use my gliding discs more in the future, just not the most stable with them. Oh and there was an lunge exercise using the step, I did not use a step and just did static lunges on the floor. I don't feel stable on a step and don't care to use it here.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 06:26 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

*Old Thread*

Is anyone still using it consistently? Any more comments? Cathe's running 25% off now and even though I have done Cathe in years, I used to like her and I'm tempted to buy it. Thanks!
Old 08-25-19, 07:32 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I love it! The Lower body, Upper body, and Cardio Party are my favorites. You can make the weight workouts easier or harder by using different weights and the pacing isn’t rushed at all. You can always pause or start a chapter again because they are so well chaptered.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 08:51 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I like it also -- it got me back into Cathe workouts.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 09:34 AM  
kas97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Is anyone still using it consistently? Any more comments? Cathe's running 25% off now and even though I have done Cathe in years, I used to like her and I'm tempted to buy it. Thanks!
So glad you asked because I have been on the fence about this set for months (Cathe is normally too advanced for me) and still haven't decided one way or the other.

My biggest pet peeve when working out is going down to the floor and getting back up - how is Cathe with this, and in particular, in this series?
kas97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 11:20 AM  
red1013

I bought three of the LITE workouts. Stong Body Stacked Sets-Upper is the clear winner, I love this workout! I've been using it 2-3 times a month since I got it (which is saying something considering my DVD collection is well over 100). There's a great premix that is warmup, one set of each exercise and stretch that's only 20 minutes, so it's great when I'm short on time.

PHA and Pyramid Pump are ok. I really don't like the lower body stuff in these workouts, there's so much gliding stuff and I really hate that. So I've mainly used the upper body premixes. Truthfully, I prefer the original Pyramid and PHA workouts.
Old 08-25-19, 01:27 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I still use this one a lot! Yesterday I did Body Weight & Bands and also doubled the calorie crush (one with the band, one without) and got a terrific workout! I plan to do Rev'd Up Rumble today with the calorie crush as a starter and a finisher. So many premixes and options with this set IMHO or I can easily make my own with little impact on my workout. BW & B and the Metabolic one are my most frequently used recently, as I am on a body weight/light weight kick lately to shake my routine up a bit.

The one I use the least is the Cardio Party one. The warm up was way too long based on the moderate intensity of the workout and it lacked creativity so IMHO "party" was a misnomer. Sad because I really like cardio and have been longing for choreographed cardio lately. At least I have my old Christi Taylors to fall back on! And Christi is so much better at cuing. Cathe seems to have forgotten that participants need to know BEFORE a move is done, not at the same time, and it's distracting to me and a ding on her workouts IMHO. That said, I've learned to adjust as best I can and I have gotten my money's worth out of this set.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 02:22 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas97 View Post
My biggest pet peeve when working out is going down to the floor and getting back up - how is Cathe with this, and in particular, in this series?
I did the Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper once, and it did have the up and down...more than I like. (Maybe I was just having a grumpy day...but it went straight to my trade list because of it.)

I have PHA2 but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. It does have some up and down, too, though. (Also a pet peeve of mine.)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 02:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thank you for the replies. I am getting this set! off to buy it.

Oh, one more question before I buy: is the Pyramid Pump (extra DVD) worth buying? I was thinking basic set, but now I wonder if I should get this one too.

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands