Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-19, 05:09 PM  
hollymarie

I'm considering this DVD--

Any opinions?

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Albus Dumbledore

hollymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 05:40 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollymarie View Post
I'm considering this DVD--

Any opinions?
There is a thread here:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ighlight=Adams

and here:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ighlight=Adams

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 07:06 PM  
hollymarie

Thanks, Sherry. Now I know she has more than one filmed at Glacier National Park--wonder which one would be better for me?

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Albus Dumbledore

hollymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-19, 11:52 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Tracy, I’m so glad you’re loving Annie’s practices. I have done two so far. I was really disappointed that there is no music in them. Since they are Udaya productions I took it for granted that there would be really great music since the other Udaya sets are done that way. The production otherwise is outstanding, just what I would expect from Udaya. While I am not in love with the practices, I am hoping they grow on me. Travis is still my favorite instructor. Ultimate Yogi is simply perfect every way.

So anyway, it’s great you have found something to help during your stressful period of life. Sometimes life is hard.

Kim
Kim—Bummer that you’re disappointed with the program. It’s a big investment for something that you don’t love. Luckily the lack of music does not bother me.

Today I ran on the treadmill and did the shorter (32 minute) therapeutic deep hip release practice. It felt very nice after a run. I’m so happy she offers shorter therapeutic practices on this program.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-19, 12:59 PM  
Scorpio6

Raquel welch -- bikram yoga

I am surprised nobody has mentioned this. It's available free on YouTube, posted by a kind VFer several years ago from the OOP VHS. Also, you can still get her book on amazon. If you don't want to do the full length video all at one time, after getting familiar with the sequence, you can break it up and use the book for reference.

The sequence of poses were put together by Bikram's teacher in India, as being the daily poses one should do for health. Bikram did not put them together, he just marketed his teacher's list.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-19, 01:54 PM  
Tammie M

I used to own a Raquel Welch Yoga VHS workout. I wish I still had it. When I downsized my collection 10 years ago I got rid of it because I was more into vinyasa and power yoga. I did buy Sarah Powers' Insight Yoga Heaven: Balancing Yang Energy. I like this one. It is a mixture of yin and yang poses.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-19, 01:30 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I don't do a lot of Yoga but I do like:
Rodney Yee: My favorite is A.M. Yoga for Your Week
Jessica Smith: I like all of her Yoga routines
Barbara Benaugh: I recently bought BodyWisdom Yoga for Over 50, and I just ordered Yoga for Beginners and Beyond. It has her Yoga for Stress Relief on it and some other routines. I really like her.
I prefer slower paced Yoga these days too.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-19, 08:11 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathym View Post
I am enjoying my udaya streaming.
I really like vytas. He has a series of short workouts called v25 as well as longer workouts. I like that he does yoga as well as doing moves to build strength.
Another one I like just for instructional is Jules Mitchell. I do hers for alignment instructions. She has great hints.
I am kind of beginner trying to move more to intermediate so have been doing the program by Caley Alyssa called Progressive Yoga Practice – Intermediate. The classes are about 60 minutes long which I prefer. The first couple are teaching crow and side crow. She progresses the moves so that I get warmed up and then learn moves that eventually progress to crow/side crow. I like Annie a bit more but I think Caley provides really nice progressions and cues.
per Udaya:
12 classes, each 40 to 60-minutes long. Broken into four segments each consisting of two vinyasa classes followed by a workshop-style breakdown on how to move from a simple beginner level practice to more intermediate level asana variations.
I have also done a couple of Gigi Snyder classes like 'how to be a hipster'. It is about 30 minutes and nice cues. I do mostly level 2 classes.
If you find others please post. I would love to hear which you like.
Of course Annie is my favorite.
Kathy,
I tried the "how to be a hipster" and liked it. Today I did Vytas' Shoulder Openers which is a 20 minute practice then Jules Mitchell's "Strength" a 30 minute practice. I liked both of them quite a bit. I took a quick look at the descriptions for the Caley Alyssa program and I think it will be too advanced for me. I think the final poses are intimidating me.
Anyway, I really need to use this Udaya subscription more often.

Oh I ordered Rodney Yee's Yoga for Meditation which I think is a Gaiam re-release of his original Yoga Journal video (at least I hope it is.) I used to like that then got rid of it.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-19, 11:50 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

If you like hatha yoga -- Element has a DVD, Hatha and Flow yoga for beginners, with Tamal Dodge that I really like. Two 30-minute practices. I haven't done the flow, just the hatha. It didn't fell beginner-sh to me.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deepen your practice, donna helm yost, slow yoga, yin yoga