Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-18, 04:48 PM  
bubbles76

I made up my own rotation. It can be found here:

Six Week Margaret Richard Rotation.

The last two weeks, I used Good N Strong for strength and the cardio days were mostly kickboxing and step. As for other results, I noticed my legs were really tight and hard. I didn't have any aches in my knees or hips. My abs weren't as defined as when I used Tracie Long's workouts, but I had started eating some more ice cream . Still, I am pleased with my results. Above all, I was just so darn CALM doing Margaret Richard's workouts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-18, 04:53 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Didn't Margaret once complain to them that they were calling people over 50 "elderly" and having them do exercises like seated balloon volleyball? I thought this was that thread when I clicked on it.
I remember that thread and found it here. Margaret mentions "Cane Fu" and seated balloon volleyball. BTW, my mother loves playing Noodleball at the nursing home--but she's confined to a wheelchair, has a frozen shoulder, and is almost 100!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-18, 04:55 PM  
SueT

Thanks for the link to your rotation, Bubbles! I have every one of the Margaret workouts you used except for the Spark. I should really give your rotation a try, but I’ll stick to Leslie or Jessica for my cardio.

Thanks again,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-18, 05:16 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I made up my own rotation. It can be found here:

Six Week Margaret Richard Rotation.

The last two weeks, I used Good N Strong for Strength and the cardio days were mostly kickboxing and step. As for other results, I noticed my legs were really tight and hard. I didn't have any aches in my knees or hips. My abs weren't as defined as when I used Tracie Long's workouts, but I had started eating some more ice cream . Still, I am pleased with my results. Above all, I was just so darn CALM doing Margaret Richard's workouts.
Great rotation Bubbles! Can you tell me more about your pull up abilities pre-rotation vs post rotation?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-18, 05:26 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Great rotation Bubbles! Can you tell me more about your pull up abilities pre-rotation vs post rotation?
Sure. Pre rotation - Couldn't do a proper pull-up. Post rotation - I can do a proper pull up . By "proper" I mean wide grip, overhand, using the back more than the arms to pull up. I have been able to do a "chin up" but not a pull up.

It seems that my body does better with body weight, light weight high rep. But I'm still going to do my heavy weight, low rep workouts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-18, 05:29 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Sure. Pre rotation - Couldn't do a proper pull-up. Post rotation - I can do a proper pull up . By "proper" I mean wide grip, overhand, using the back more than the arms to pull up. I have been able to do a "chin up" but not a pull up.

It seems that my body does better with body weight, light weight high rep. But I'm still going to do my heavy weight, low rep workouts.
That’s what I thought you meant but wasn’t 100% sure what you meant by “proper.” That’s how I define a “proper” pull-up as well.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-18, 08:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks for that rotation Bubbles and congratulations on your results.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-18, 08:26 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
I remember that thread and found it here. Margaret mentions "Cane Fu" and seated balloon volleyball. BTW, my mother loves playing Noodleball at the nursing home--but she's confined to a wheelchair, has a frozen shoulder, and is almost 100!
That was it, thanks! That's so cool about your mom. Having fun and staying active, that's what it's all about. It goes to show that you can't lump together all people over 50 any more than all people under 50.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aarp, aging, cane fu, ernestine shepherd, margaret richard, margaret richard rotation, national institute aging, senior exercise