Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-17, 09:01 AM  
Tugger31

Today I finished Week 4 without missing any workouts, taking 2 rests days per week. The next 4 weeks I'm going to starting increasing my weights a tad and adding light weights to exercises I had previously done unweighted. The toning moves today involved 3 circuits and one exercise was 15 pushups. I was amazed at how easy these seemed. The program hardly ever does pushups, but I definitely think that my improvement is due to many moves that involve plank/isometric arm work. So this has been unexpected, but welcome surprise!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 10:23 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Today I finished Week 4 without missing any workouts, taking 2 rests days per week. The next 4 weeks I'm going to starting increasing my weights a tad and adding light weights to exercises I had previously done unweighted. The toning moves today involved 3 circuits and one exercise was 15 pushups. I was amazed at how easy these seemed. The program hardly ever does pushups, but I definitely think that my improvement is due to many moves that involve plank/isometric arm work. So this has been unexpected, but welcome surprise!
Are these heavy weights and what sort of cardio do they use?
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 10:42 AM  
Tugger31

These are not heavy weight workouts, though I guess if you slowed your rep speed down you could go heavy. I haven't used much heavier than 8 lbs yet though I could have for a few exercises. The rotation calls for 20 or 30 minutes of cardio a few days a week of your choice, sometimes the cardio will specifically state a 20 or 30 min walk. The other cardio varies, typically done in circuit style. These have no dread factor for me at all. Youtube has a sampling of their workouts so you can get a feel for them. There are days in the rotation where they give you "5 Toning Moves" that you do 15 reps x 3 circuit. You do them at your own pace so these you can choose to go as heavy as you want. Sometimes it is more upper body focused, other times lower, but all fairly basic moves.
Old 05-29-17, 10:47 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Thanks!

~Beth
Old 06-07-17, 12:20 PM  
Tugger31

I just finished Week 5! Still haven't missed a workout yet, that alone I'm proud of! My diet hasn't been great the past 2 weeks and I definitely feel a bit more flabby this week, but I can remedy that. I'm still feeling good though.
In one of the recent workouts Katrina mentioned that this series has more "booty" work in it. Since that is my problem area, that may be why I'm seeing good results and liking this series so far. She mentioned she wanted to work her shoulders more, maybe a focus for an upcoming series (??)
Old 06-07-17, 05:00 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves Tugger I am already feeling it in the "thutt" area as well as arms. Those "five toning moves" can really sneak up on you. The beach scenery and sunshine is such a welcome change. I've never clicked with them before but I am enjoying this so far. I would really like to see them do a separate rotation with the DVDs. I'm kind of meh on the live streaming because it freezes on me and the camera kind of jumps around. Thanks for all your help! I'm wondering if ankle weights could be added to the leg exercises.

~Beth
Old 06-08-17, 06:10 AM  
Tugger31

Glad you are enjoying the workouts! I love the beach background as well!
Old 06-08-17, 06:26 AM  
daisyfit

I think it's the best bikini series yet.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 07:45 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyfit View Post
I think it's the best bikini series yet.
Daisyfit, have you done 3 or 4? I'm thinking about adding on one of those for my next rotation.

~Beth

Tags
tiu, tone it up