Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-17, 05:08 PM  
Fitstick

Favorite Linda Wooldridge dvds

Which dvds are your favorite and why? Thanks in advance!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 10:04 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

One of her best DVDs is one of her earliest, Barre Ball Blast with the stability ball. She makes really good use out of the ball and you get a lot of content.

I like Mix and Match HIIT for the cardio that is included in the workout, it is like a Dream Body lite to me. The Resistance Band Total Body Blitz is also sort of Dream Body lite with some cardio.

Barlates Fusion Mat is probably one of her most popular, just an awesome amount of mat work. Some people have compared it to Ballet Beautiful.

I really like the bridge chapter of the Fusion Mat at the Wall workout but overall it isn't one of my favorites.

I think her 100 rep challenge workouts are hard, but not especially fun.

I'm still working my way through her new Basic/Int/Advanced DVD set, it is strong barre work but not much of a fun factor. But definitely a good challenge. I haven't tried the cardio chapters yet though which I think I'll like a lot.

I also haven't done enough of her Lounge DVD to form a solid opinion. I did the glute chapter which I really liked, elevated bridge and table work but using the sofa (I used my Fanny Lifter) to make sure you don't cheat and lower your leg, and it was tough! I can't wait to try the standing chapter but not sure how I'm going to do it yet without a sofa prop.

I actually don't have her Barre Bell HIIT (kettlebell) workout but I heard it's pretty popular.

What kind of focus are you looking for?
Old 03-13-17, 02:36 PM  
joyfulnana

I really enjoy Linda's positive energy & creative moves!
The workouts I keep going back to and use the most are 1) Barre Ball Blast- especially the Standing Leg work section, fun, short but very effective; working on one leg at a time which is my favorite way to work legs!
2) Mix & Match Hiit, good variety & pack a lot in a short time
3) Barre Bell Hiit, her kettlebell workout, some creative & unique moves and love the alternating intervals with barre segments. Barre, for me, is best in small doses!
I have a high dread of floor work (post-traumatic stress from Classic Firm workouts with Susan Harris), so I don't use the mat workouts often, but when I do.... OUCH! Linda really knows how to burn out a muscle!
joyfulnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 03:02 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I just purchased her Bosu workout from Amazon. Delivery tomorrow. Clips look great on youtube, and I need a new workout for my Bosu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqxS...JoZ2mxDUmilWJe
Old 03-13-17, 03:26 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
One of her best DVDs is one of her earliest, Barre Ball Blast with the stability ball. She makes really good use out of the ball and you get a lot of content.

I like Mix and Match HIIT for the cardio that is included in the workout, it is like a Dream Body lite to me. The Resistance Band Total Body Blitz is also sort of Dream Body lite with some cardio.

Barlates Fusion Mat is probably one of her most popular, just an awesome amount of mat work. Some people have compared it to Ballet Beautiful.

I really like the bridge chapter of the Fusion Mat at the Wall workout but overall it isn't one of my favorites.

I think her 100 rep challenge workouts are hard, but not especially fun.

I'm still working my way through her new Basic/Int/Advanced DVD set, it is strong barre work but not much of a fun factor. But definitely a good challenge. I haven't tried the cardio chapters yet though which I think I'll like a lot.

I also haven't done enough of her Lounge DVD to form a solid opinion. I did the glute chapter which I really liked, elevated bridge and table work but using the sofa (I used my Fanny Lifter) to make sure you don't cheat and lower your leg, and it was tough! I can't wait to try the standing chapter but not sure how I'm going to do it yet without a sofa prop.

I actually don't have her Barre Bell HIIT (kettlebell) workout but I heard it's pretty popular.

What kind of focus are you looking for?
Thanks! I have the ball, bell and hiit workouts but was thinking about the newest Bosu workout as well as the resistance band total body (for something different). I can't have dread factor though! . I'm a bit disappointed that the Bosu workout won't be available on pressed DVD. I'm also considering the new Tracey Mallett workouts but was hoping for more feedback on those.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 10:48 PM  
bfit

I like just about all of them but especially the Barre Bell one with kettlebells (mainly because I just like kettlebells) and also the one that uses a wall. The wall exercises are different and challenging. I wish she would make one that uses a chair because I enjoy all of the different things that you can do with a chair. I think my least favorite is the 100 Rep challenge because it gets tedious counting the 100 reps.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 10:31 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I think the Bosu one looks really good except I don't have the Bosu trainer I was wondering if a mix of the unzipped Firm Zip Trainer and a balance disk would suffice. I may end up picking it up at some point anyway.

Dana, let us know what you think of the new Bosu workout!
Old 03-15-17, 11:14 AM  
bfit

Is the Bosu one on DVD or on You Tube or what?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 12:09 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
Is the Bosu one on DVD or on You Tube or what?
It's on DVD-R and is sold through Amazon, or through Linda's website - also as downloads.

https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Body...ooldridge+bosu

http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/li...out-dvd-world/

I got the DVD-R yesterday and the preview looked great. At $12.95, I'm OK with DVD-R, especially that I don't tend to stick to doing same dvd for years on end.

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge, pilates band