Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-15, 12:55 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by at120 View Post
I know that this may not be exactly what you want, but you can always use an arm bike / arm cycle while you re-cooperate. Boring, but you can always zone out and put the ear buds in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MagneTrainer...item20fbfe954e
That would be a great idea for the arms. Dr. said no biking for up to 6 months, but maybe I can find one of those smaller foot pedal things ( sorry don't know what it's called) and use it for my arms.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 01:02 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

There are also arm pedal things that you set up on a desk or table. I think you can find some that are fairly inexpensive. This will give you some aerobic work without using your lower body. I used one at the physical therapist's office a few years ago.
Old 05-17-15, 02:15 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

These suggestions are perfect. I just had my surgery and my one week check up will be this Thursday so i hope to get the ok to walk around the house. Thank you so much.
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 02:20 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I like Margaret Richard's Getting Better- no foot problems (yet!) but its' a tough workout all seated or on the floor - the only exercise I wondered about if I'd had an injured foot was one where she had the feet on a box/table and was lifting up- seems that would put some pressure/weight on the foot but could probably use a pillow underneath. also there is some getting up and down into position so have the remote handy til you know the routine.
Old 05-17-15, 03:30 PM  
videofit

Another vote for Margaret's Getting Better because you can use it after you've healed as well, so it will be money well spent. I do it when I'm too tired to stay vertical, like after a long walk.
Old 05-17-15, 03:56 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

Leslie Sansome's Short Cuts Upper Body. After the walking warm-up, she leads a weight workout, all from a chair. It was out of print for a while. Glad it's back.
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-15, 08:24 PM  
Scorpio6

I am not getting that Exercise: National Instute on Aging DVD by Margaret Richard to turn up anywhere. do you have a link? All that turns up on Amazon is a VHS tape.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-15, 09:05 PM  
sweatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
I am not getting that Exercise: National Instute on Aging DVD by Margaret Richard to turn up anywhere. do you have a link? All that turns up on Amazon is a VHS tape.
Collage has it:

http://www.collagevideo.com/products...itute-on-aging
sweatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-15, 09:08 PM  
bfit

I second the votes for Leslie Sansone's Short Cuts Upper Body and Margaret Richard's Getting Better. Also, there is another workout called Safe and Strong that's good. One person uses a chair entirely, but the instructor and the other participant do not. I've used it when I've had a lower body injury. Another one that I did was Cathe's Slow and Heavy for the upper body. Even if she's not standing almost all of the exercises can be done sitting. Finally, Susan Tuttle has several seated workouts. There's a band workout and also a seated Pilates one.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair exercise, chair workouts, foot surgery