Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-14, 01:37 PM  
gladgirl

Smile Zumba Exhilarate

It's down to $49 on Amazon...the 5 disc set.
I have never done Zumba; but enjoy dance cardio, although have not done much of it lately.
Is this worth it? Is it a good set for someone brand new to Zumba?
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-14, 01:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

it was my first Zumba DVD & first exposure to Zumba. i went to a live class about 8 months later. i like the DVD better only because they teach the live classes slightly differently. i have a thread comparing live vs. DVD here on VF.

you might want to check Costco - the ones in our city still have the set - it was $57 when it first came out, but could have been marked down.

i purchased my set from craigslist and it includes 5 discs (i think). i enjoyed 2 of the 5 the most - both led by Beto - i think it's the concert/live one and the chair one. the others in the set aren't bad - just not as fun as when Beto is leading. the girls are good, don't get me wrong, and the music in all of the DVDs is awesome.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-14, 02:46 PM  
andtckrtoo

There is a lot of love/hate of Exhilarate. It's very flashy (literally and figuratively - but if you have any sensitivity to flashing lights, avoid this one), very showy, and everyone is hamming it up for the camera. The Exhilarate DVD and the Fitness Concert are basically the same workout done to two different settings, that's one less.

That being said - I really like it. Zumba is sexy and I feel sexy doing these although I'm sure I look like:

I do like the newer set better. But it comes with that stupid step and I don't like that workout.
Old 05-13-14, 02:56 PM  
gladgirl

Jeannine...I am late to this party for sure. Costco is just too far at this time. Glad to hear you did enjoy it. Not going to be taking a live class anytime soon, but have bookmarked the thread. You never know...

Christine...LOL! That's how I look too, but it's only me in the privacy of my own home. You should see me on my Jumpsport!
Thanks for the replies.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-14, 08:17 PM  
Getfit

I also prefer Zumba incredible results.

Tags
chair workouts